Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton
City
Way Down South
My loser brother in law has been living here for the past 8 months. He has been living at his parents, coming over here for dinner about 3 times a week. For the SECOND time since he has been here, I asked him to help me out by coming over tomorrow while I run over to the VA to get an SAH change signed by my husband's doctor. Mind you, I have bailed him out TWICE in the 8 months that he has been here. I have cashed checks for him, sent money to him when he was stranded, not to mention giving him an outlet from his parent's house 3 times a week (they are horrible - an entirely different story).

Because my husband has a bad cold, my brother in law does not want to risk catching it. So, he JUST called to tell me he doesn't think he can come over tomorrow. Mind you, he tells everyone he is here in town to help out with his twin. He has completely forgotten that he is living here because he has no job, no home, nothing.

I AM SO ANGRY ! ! !

He's worried about a "bad" cold!?! How 'bout him worrying about your husband (AND YOU!)? What happens if your husband's cold gets even worse? Is he gonna stay away? What if your husband gets pneumonia? Your BIL is an a$$! Of course, you know that!

I don't know what's worse, in-laws that show up or ones that don't...

I vote for the in-laws that don't show up as being the lesser of two evils. Better no help and no one there than helpless bumps sitting around doing nothing. Been there, done that.

It is unbelievable to me that my husband has two brothers here - one WITHOUT A JOB and no family responsibility (the loser child that followed him here and lives with the freak in-laws is almost 20, no job and not in school), and I get so little help. The younger brother does have a responsible job and a young family. His house is about 20 minutes from here, so I get that he cannot just stop his life to "sit" for my husband. The loser twin brother is about 10 minutes away. There is no reason he cannot come "sit". It just makes me SICK! ! !

So sorry Missy, people and family sure can let us down. I know.

Sweet Missy, My first thought (well, maybe it's the second!) is, this is probably why your husband wants you with him 24/7. He's no doubt known the kind of "love" which is unlike yours. He is so blessed to have you for his wife.

Thank you Ann. Funny, my son and I were talking about that last night after we put my husband to bed.

I can relate as well. About once a month I get a visit from brothers and sister. They have to be asked for help. Never offered.

AL.

Al, I actually asked. It's only the 2nd time in 8 months that I've asked this deadbeat to help. All he had to do was come over, sit with my husband while I ran up to the VA (about an hour to an hour and a half). I was going to come home, take care of personal needs and prepare dinner. Then he was supposed to sit with him while I ran to a class - another hour to an hour and a half. That's all. Six hours of watching a movie or sports with his twin and dinner. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back