Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Alexandria
I will only use one hand to type this in, hoping to avoid being censored in three different languages.

Those F####rs at Canada post are real winners.

I am purchasing a hoyer lift from a lady that lives about 6 hours away in Orangeville. We struck a deal , traded information and pictures, and got the ball rolling. Wanda got a money order from the bank , and we sent it registered mail to the seller . My receipt even says signature required. Away it goes , by Xpresspost. I track it online , and it gets to Barrie, Ont and there is a address correction made , and then shows delivered the next day , 2 days - kewl. I did not even bother to call the seller, confident she had to sign for it. I made arrangements to have the lift picked up by one of our drivers and bring it back in his transport truck & trailer.

He arrives at the address, and asks for the lift. HUH , its not paid for yet. The seller calls me , and I am dumbfounded. I tell her about the tracking , and she checks. She calms down a bit , and I tell her to wave the driver on.

I called Canada Post and speak to a lady named Jennifer. Good phone voice ;)
Seems that the address correction needed a V (vee) in the postal code and we had a Z (zee) .
I gave the lady all of the address details and phone numbers and she initiates a trace. Could take up to 5 days.

So , as of right now , I dont know where that money order is , I have to call the bank tomorrow during THEIR hours and ask them not to cash that 4 digit order. I looked on the website at the delivery receipt - no signature - LIKE WTF ?

OK .. I am pissed.

Nice! I hope a quick resolve happens!

Didn't ALS Ont. have one in the loan closet Glen?

AL

no , none in the cabinet.
and because I am still working , I would have to buy it anyways.

Glen

Oh Glen, I hear ya. I hate crap like this! It is so frustrating. I hope it works out sooner than the 5 days they say it will take to track your money order.

Re: Canada Post - UPDATE

I went to my town post office. "I cant help you, you have to call this number"
My retort was "I have called them and am getting a run around" "Do I look like I can afford to lose that much money?"

Then he did something I was not expecting. He gave me a pamphlet for Canada Post Ombudsmen. He said these are the Policing people for Canada Post. I called them, and told them my story. They sent me a form to fill out to have an investigation done on my case.

I have spoken with Canada Post, they say its lost. My nurse was present when they called.
She had some good ideas. "So you are sitting at home with the fatal disease ALS, and Canada Post has lost the money order, and their customer service could not say more than "We lost it". Who is going to give your money back?"

I am going to put this info into my submission to the Ombudsman.

If I do not get any satisfaction - I am sure the media would love to have this story.

I also learned that you can not cancel a money order.

Glen..that is total BS! It is things like this that make me absolutely crazy. I know if the media gets a hold of it..you will have any hoyer that you want. I hate that you have to pay for this item. Thinking of you! Kelly

Why is it that Murphy's Law applies to pALS? So unfair!

Money order? What money order? Hope you haven't been scammed!

So sorry about your situation, Glenn. Isn't our present technology wonderful! We humans have learned to build a rocket that can travel 7 miles a second, escape from Earth's gravity, travel a half-million miles to the moon and back and land safely. But, we cannot consistently send a letter across several hundred miles of highway. We are either really smart or really stupid, or something in between. Best wishes on a quick resolution friend.--JK

Why is it that Murphy's Law applies to pALS? So unfair!

Money order? What money order? Hope you haven't been scammed!

No , I have not been scammed. Since its one of trucks that drives for the company I work for, I have sent a second draft to her , with the driver.

The problem is that the money order is still legal tender. The bank is doing an investigation and have marked the first order as bad. So they say. I just want my money back.

Glen

Glen, I really think that the media would be interested in this story. Bet that would get you your money back pronto!

I have to agree. Most of our local TV stations have a consumer action person/group that will help in certain situations. "Certain situations" meaning it makes them look good in the public eye. I don't know if you have the same thing up north but I'd give it a shot.

I will give the ombudsman the chance first. If they do nothing , they will be included.

Glen

so Glen, inquiring minds [i.e. ME and the Monkey's] want to know the outcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back