Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
This is meant to be funny and I hope this doesn't come off sounding bad --- BBUUUTT:

Have you ever gotten that Christmas gift that you really just could do without? Or the one that has been so obviously used for like a decade? Well, I have... From the same person... Every year... Got one this year as a matter of fact!

A nicely wrapped box that was supposed to contain four Martha Stewart wine glasses contained two umpteen year old Superbowl beer glasses and two basketball cocktail glasses (the basketball team the SIL's hubby used to work for in the 80's). I took the heretofore unopened box to my neighbor that likes wine, after calling her and explaining that I really didn't need wine glasses and perhaps she could use them. She opened it and out came the used, dishwashered-to-death glasses. I practically fell of my chair laughing, as did she! What the H#!? This gift topped the four used washed-to-death place mats that were paired with the four not-washed-to-death place mats (same design). I'm so naive! :?: Shoulda opened that box before I went to the neighbor's house! LOL LMAO

Anyone else have some "good grief" gift stories?

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
CJ, that is taking "re-gifting" to an extreme!

Is this from the same woman who brought over the half-eaten birthday cake?

I once got a curling iron for Christmas from an uncle. If you could see my hair, you would find this pretty amusing! I have hair like Jordin Sparks. My cousin was sitting next to me as I opened the gift and as he was taking a sip of ginger ale and it came spraying out through his nose. That was the most ludicrous gift I ever got! Seriously.

I can understand that Rosella! Anyone gotten a toothbrush?

No toothbrushes...but I did a set of "gently used" place mats...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Forgot to mention the parenting book AGAIN this year and the dieting book AGAIN! WEEEE! And, yes this is the same woman Rosella! How'd ya know! LOL Guess she thinks I'm too fat and I know she thinks we are too strict on our child! But, I believe this is a reflection of her own insecurities! (That's what I tell myself anyway!)

It's also a reflection of her being incredibly insensitive and self absorbed. :roll:Are you asking for a vote? I vote you cut that dead weight and send the flying monkeys over to pick her hair out of her head!:twisted:

I second Melody's vote. She sounds like a real ray of sunshine. Wow.
Well I guess if she wants to let pettiness and jealousy govern her actions, it's her choice but you don't need that in your life!

Last edited:
Well. I had to laugh at that for sure! I have put my foot down to keep my husband for as long as I can. He is so tired and can no longer travel. I believe she thinks I am keeping him from her/his family, as we could not travel to her house for Christmas. Now she's trying to show me who's boss! LOL Good luck lady! I believe she can't stand that she cannot control this situation. Welcome to my life! :-?

Last edited:
How about you regift back?

Colleen,

My neighbor suggested the same thing! LOL But, I'm too kind hearted (really - I am :mrgreen: ) I do, however, have my ways!:twisted:

CJ-
How about a note saying, "Thank-you for the beautifully wrapped present; and I was thrilled to see the box of Martha Stewart wine glasses. But, you must have been very tired when you wrapped it because inside were your beer glasses & (insert hubby's name) cocktail glasses!

I'm sure you will be looking for these; I'll hold them in a safe place for you and give them to you next time you come to visit!

Mare, I really like your style! What an inoffensive and thoughtful way to return the glasses she must have wrapped by mistake! Very creative!

I got a six-pack of Miller cans, wrapped up in a box. They were US bought so it cost him about 2 bucks I would imagine.

Thanks Dad.

CJ,

Send a gift that means something , like the wax used to remove those un-sightly mustache hairs.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back