Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
AUS
State
S.A.
City
Millicent
I dont know haw many people check the "home" page to see who is logged on at any time.
I thought i would today and noticed that the site is comming up to a milestone which is both good and bad.

The good part is the site is very popular and informative (thanks to those who manage it and those who contribute to it)

The bad part is we have to have such a site and continue to get new members seeking answers to their issues.

Oh the milestone (i had better tell you, save you from searching for it)
is the site is almost up to 10,000 members (currently 9,985)

Unfortunatly I am sure it will get to 10k soon as people seek answers for MND etc.

cheers :grin:
Peter

NOW THAT IS A NICE BEARD :p Hopefully someday we will see that number turn around .

Peter,

I think Al can verify that the number of members listed is probably not 100% accurate as some have passed on along the way without the moderators being informed.

It is still nice to know that there have been that many that have found this site and thus have been able to gain access to the wonderful folks onboard.

Zaphoon

Sadly enough we have lost a lot of member's, and on a good note we have many people come and who come and feel like they have als and of coulrse do not, and we do not see them again. I cannot believe the number of people I have seen come on here in the last almost 3 years that I have been around.. Cannot imagine all the peope A has known..

I did notice that number coming up and David and I talked about it a few weeks ago. There really is no accurate way to know how many are still active. Some join and never post. I can see when someone was last online but have to click each member. Way too much time needed. I think David has some stats about hourly usage. I'll check with him. I have seen many friends pass on from the forums as well as my support group and people from my clinic. I recently said to my daughter that it sucks losing so many friends. Her retort was, yes but you're still here. Can't argue that logic.

AL.

Thanks Al and David for all your work on the forum (from me a newy and i guess all of the others)

I know how hard it is to keep up with the people leaving for what ever reason as Hoping and Zaphoon said. (i struggle to keep my email contacts up to date)

What ever number is the true number of people on the forum it is that number too many.
I am sure we would all like to "put you out of a job Al", except for the follies that is:wink:

I am sure though you wouldnt mind keeping it going for Glen,Zaph,Rose, and Beth etc to brighten up all of our days:smile::smile:

Cheers

Peter

Yes too true, it ts an unwanted milestone and I truly hope one day it wont be needed, ho

I had 4 men diagnosed the same time as I was diagnosed. All of them have died. I'm very thankful that I have the slow progressing version. None of them had joined the Forum. I like to think it has helped me live longer, by having those that know and care share one with another. Thank you for being there, everyone.

Lee thinks this place gives me a reason to live too. My 3 granddaughters help too.

AL.

I also don't know what I would do if I did not have this forum to spend my time in. Sometimes my wife gets jealous of the time I spend here but she understands what it means to me and supports that.

Same here, even though I am still mobile this forum gives me a place to talk where I don't have to struggle to keep up with the conversation. I'll second Capt. Al's thanks to everyone here, especially David, Al, Joel and Hoping for making it all possible.:smile:

Capt Al, I have heard of two that were diagnosed the same week as me. They are both gone too.

Its a sad thing that they are gone. But its effin awesome that we are still here.

I do have to say , I look forward to this forum every day.

Thank You Grampa Al and David for giving us this.

Glen Brittle

My wife probably has no clue I'm on this forum and I know I've told her a time or two. I spend way, too much time here with you all. I'm so bad.

I send my thanks to each of the moderators as well for all of the time and work you put in for us.

Zaphoon

My sincere thanks to all Moderators and other active Members for keeping this forum alive.
I was diagnosed a few mos ago and people on this forum gave me a lot of support and courage.
P.S. Also my thanks to Rose and CJ for their kindness and advice.
Erica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back