Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Hoping all pALS and cALS were kept safe during the recent deluge of rain falling incessantly from the sky! We haven't seen water like this in over 100 years in this state. So many roads have been washed out and many rivers and creeks have spilled their banks to flood homes and businesses. Sorry to say some lives have been lost, including young children.

Hopefully we will have a chance to dry out. Hey, maybe the water dept. will lift that water restriction!

Don't know if any of y'all saw the picture of Six Flags over GA under water. The rollercoaster was over halfway submerged by the Chattahoochee river waters. My husband thought "NOW that would be a great ride!" LOL

six-flags-under-water-1.jpg

Are you and yours ok? How much rain fell?Texas would probably want some.

If Texas will pay the freight we will ship them some.:mrgreen:

Isn't that the Cannonball brooksea?

There was a teenager nearby where I live (north of ATL) that drowned. He and his brother thought someone was in a submerged car. Two went in and one came out. Tragic. I can't imagine the family's pain.

This is Atlanta at the I-20 interchange:

ImageHandler.ashx

Notice the sign about water regulations!

ImageHandler.ashx

Thankfully, the river in our neighborhood did not rise enough to damage any homes, as there is a huge swamp between the houses and the river. But, the water was encroaching nevertheless as the swamp filled with red water. The bridge I have to cross to get to my son's school was out, but I still had to cross over the same river on a larger highway bridge. Scary! They had to close another bridge down river. We live on the highest hill in the neighborhood, so we were not real worried.

I hope the other members of this forum living in areas affected by this flood are doing well and don't have any damage to contend with.

Glad to hear everything is okay where you live, please be careful. Thinking and praying for your safety.

Dana

Hi Brooksea, keep dry and safe.

Down under in Aus. we have had some funny conditions too.

some rain and storm damage where i live (nothing like you have had though)

Other areas (where some on this forum live) have had the worst dust storms in 70 years hit. turned the day into night.

Other areas have had bushfires

It is indeed a changing world we live in
cheers
Peter

Saw photos of the dust storm in Sydney. Awesome. And the floods in the South are scary. Are you serious CJ that water is actually falling from the sky? Please send that great big airplane to LA and tell them to dump it here!

Stay safe all you Aussies and Southern Belles and Good Ol Boys.

The dust storm in NSW (Australia) has been unbelievable. My house, inside and out, is covered in dust (well that's my excuse anyway... lol!)
Still waiting for the rain though... then we'll have mud :)

Used to live in Winnipeg, Manitoba so I can understand rain and flooding! Take care

CJ, so glad to hear that you haven't suffered any damage from this crazy rain and flooding. Wow, those pictures are almost unbelievable... they look like stills from a movie. Stay safe and dry and give my regards to your sweet hubby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back