Diagnosis
07/0009
Country
US
State
XXX
City
XXX
I went to my primary care this AM because I started to have a lot of respiratory problems. She told me that i have a lot of wheezing in my lungs, but honestly admitted that she doesn't know if it's ALS related.
Your comments are greatly appreciated. Anyone else with respiratory problems experiencing wheezing?
Thank you,Cookie

I have never experienced that. I would recommend you see your doctor and find out what is going on. I have never heard wheezing being an ALS symptom.

I wonder if your wheezing is due to congestion? Is there a rattle in your lungs?

Joel,
I just came back from seeing my primary doctor this AM. She doesn't know if it's related to ALS, but gave Ventolin inhaler to use.

My concern would be pneumonia. You need to contact your ALS clinic and get their advice on this if it continues and you don't get better with the inhaler. You don't want to end up in the hospital. Does your chest feel heavy or tight?

Thank you CJ. My chest feels tight, but not heavy.

Watch yourself closely! My husband has had two episodes with wheezing and "coughing" (hard time coughing due to diaphragm weakness and bulbar issues). He ended up with pneumonia and the ALS Clinic neuro he sees saw him STAT! They immediately got xray of chest and found something. The doc was on his way to a location outside the hospital. He rushed back to examine my husband for himself. They put him on antibiotics and he recovered nicely.

You can't mess around with this stuff with ALS. It can really be devastating if you get a lung infection.

Not sure what part of the country you live in cookie. You're not in Ca. near the fires are you. A lot of PALS have trouble in fire season.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back