Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
UK
State
Lincolnshire
City
Grimsby
Hi , I have been in hospital for just over 3 weeks and got home day before yesterday . I was taken in with dehydration and weighing way less than 6 stones because I was choking and aspirating . I was put on intravenous fluids and then naso-gastric feeds while they sorted out fitting me in as an emergency for a PEG . So after 5 days on alternate nutrition , they put my PEG in and may I say what a relief it is .
I know I voiced my scared opinion and was dreading the procedure . I need not have worried , after the doctor put drugs into my canulla I can't remember anything at all :)
Now these fedds will give me back some weight and stamina xxxxx

This is great news, Tich1. I am very happy to hear that your PEG procedure went so smoothly. I'm sorry that you had to spend 3 weeks in the hospital though. Thank goodness, you made it through that! Keep us updated on your weight gain. I am glad that you are already feeling the benefits of the feeding tube. :)

Thank you thelma honey , I'm settling back at home and now have a carer , and an electric air bed , it's so comfy , even more so than the air bed in the hospital . I'm getting an electric wheelchair this week so I should be more mobile soon :)
x

I am glad you got the PEG, but I am sorry it had to happen that way. Hope you gain more weight back and feel better.

Dana

Thank you dldred , I have already gained a bit and am now 40 kilos , that is 6 stone 4 ....onwards and outwards eh :)

Tich1, I am glad that you are back home with your new peg. You are right, onwards and outwards.

Barry

Hello Barry , thank you honey x

Tich1 glad that ordeal is past and you have your PEG and are gaining!
Dana

Thank you DgtofTNfan , you're all so supportive , it's wonderful :) x

Tich1, I want your clothes to get tight on you okay? Keep getting that nutrition in you. It's important and we all want you to feel better! :)

Well if when the time comes I doubt getting a Peg I will think of the benifits that you are enjoying. Keep on improving and gaining weight,fish and chips done in the blender please OH" mushy peas as well.

Congrats Tich1.

I still keep wondering how I am going to get a T-Bone down that little tube.

Glen

Glen, two things, about the steak, talk to Joel and about the biker bunny, Where do you find those pictures?

Google Images.

The trick for the good stuff , is to go into preferences and turn safe search off and save .

Then its just how bent you are when searching.

;)

Congrats Tich1.

I still keep wondering how I am going to get a T-Bone down that little tube.

Glen

Hey Glen, if you get a Vita-Mix blender you can still enjoy a good steak! Yes, it will liquify a steak in seconds. It even makes ice cream, hot soup, smoothies, and anything else you can dream of. It is definitely pricey but mine has paid for itself many times over already because of not having to buy that awful formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back