Eric Edney and Even Better Now - Don't Be Fooled By This Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladave

Distinguished member
Clay Foot Baths

The clay baths are something I read about on Eric Edney's site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric Edney and Even Better Now

I did a fair amount of reading about clay baths before deciding to try it. I too am skeptical and I certainly wouldn't buy something just because it is advertised on "Even Better Now" or any website for that matter. I decided to give this a try because, number one, it is relatively inexpensive, number two, it is a remedy for general detoxing used by numerous alternative healers, and three, Eric Edney makes very strong claims about the benefits. I fully acknowledge and am aware that, number one, there is no medical proof that this is an effective ALS remedy, and number two, that Edney is a controversial figure in the ALS world.

To me there's a big difference in spending $20,000 to fly off to China and let some quack drill a hole in your head, or spending $5,000 on some charlatan who claims you really have Lyme disease and he can "cure" you, as opposed to investing $40 in a foot bath. I'm determined to try a lot of different things so long as they make some common sense, do not cost a lot of money, and are non-invasive. The clay baths fall in that category for me.

FYI -> I was at a dance competition all weekend, yup, living my new life post-diagnosis.

The whole "Eric Edney" business setup is entirely motivated by profit; their motivation is not to help anyone affected by ALS, their goal is to profit from people with ALS, people like you, while you are alive and looking for prolonged life and hope.

The Eric Edney books, the entire website, the Even Better Now business, and the "sister" websites (portals) are setup for one simple reason, to entice you, provide fake hope, and sell products, period.

The price of the products sold is a sad indication of the Even Better Now motivations; their products sell at 200-1000% profit; one can only imagine the amount of money "they" earn month to month.

Being knowledgeable about the Internet and online marketing practices provides me with enough insight to realize without doubt (100%) that their entire business is bordering on fraud.

From fake testimonials, inaccurate information, careful (and sometimes not so careful) use of language when claiming benefits, the Even Better Now business model is not only appauling, its a thorn in the side of the PALS/CALS community.

All this money wasted on false hope, money that could have gone to better ends, better care, and a better quality of life for decieved ALS patients - money wasted in the pockets of the Even Better Now business owners.

Anti-oxidants, antriviral therapy, herbal therapy, vitimans and mineral supplements, books etc. It's all half truths - these people have decided that the "ALS Market" is a profitable market, and the fact that ALS is a terminal illness provides them with lowered risk of legal action.

Who will complain? Most of the people defrauded won't realize they've been decieved. Many ALS patients will die within the first 3-5 years, one less worry for the Even Better Now business owners.

Even more appalling than their onslaught of the ALS market is the fact that the identical products are offered to "cure", or "help" or "prolong" life for other diseases. The exact same products are sold under other "sister websites" and different "product names", but the makeup of the product is identical, and miracously, it'll cure everything from cancer to ALS.

----------------------------------

I'll sign off with one thought, a testimonial ripped from an Even Better Now sister website:

I just wanted to tell you that your book is outstanding. My husband was just diagnosed with ALS in March. He wasn't even able to walk. Now he walks with no problems. I'm following your book strictly, it is improving his health.

I'm sure her husband will be cured soon.

Forum Staff said:
Anti-oxidants, antriviral therapy, herbal therapy, vitimans and mineral supplements, books etc. It's all half truths - these people have decided that the "ALS Market" is a profitable market, and the fact that ALS is a terminal illness provides them with lowered risk of legal action.

I consider the above also something of a "half truth". It is true that many of the sellers of these products seek to make a profit by selling them to ALS patients (among others). That does not mean, however, that they are of no benefit. You throw a lot of products into the "fraud" category here- as defined, you would include products that have shown benefits in the ALS animal models and are currently being examined by top scientists to determine their potential benefits to ALS patients.

Obviously the quote from the Even Better Now website is absurd. Eric Edney advocates is equally absurd. The clay baths are available from numerous sources at lower prices than those charged by "Even Better Now". I did not purchase mine there. I'm under no illusion that it is some "miracle cure".

Even Better Now is a fraud

Good point, the intention of the post was to shed light on the entire Even Better Now fraud; and the products that they very carefully, and aggressively market towards patients suffering from ALS.

If a retailer lies to me once, twice, I'm very skeptical. When their entire online marketing is based on deception and aggressive marketing tactics people must be made aware.

DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS FROM EVEN BETTER NOW - EVER

To support this company, to endorse this company, and to recommend this company is adding fuel to a fire that needs to be extinguished.

With regards to clay foot baths, there's no credence, use or benefit to it.

PALS are better served to spend $2.50 at Walmart for a nice bubble bath in my opinion.

Last edited:
Even Better Now is a fraud

ladave said:
To me there's a big difference in spending $20,000 to fly off to China and let some quack drill a hole in your head, or spending $5,000 on some charlatan who claims you really have Lyme disease and he can "cure" you, as opposed to investing $40 in a foot bath.

There's little difference other than the cost involved and the journey on a plane.

Sell one $20,000 mircale procedure, or 500 overpriced clay foot baths; makes little difference to the person receiving the profit.

The individuals online that are involved in these scams are careful to post to online forums such as this one, they recommend these products and spend time endorsing them. All their efforts are based on numbers and effort:
  • They post a few hundred "recommendations" about a product on forums where they've built up some reputation as a "forum member"
  • They setup a few websites to endorse the products
  • They add some fake testimonials
  • They pay for some advertising on Google so that people are able to find their products and websites
  • They continue to post information online using hope tactics
  • They sell their products and laugh all the way to the bank, on your back
ladave said:
I'm determined to try a lot of different things so long as they make some common sense, do not cost a lot of money, and are non-invasive. The clay baths fall in that category for me.
  • They hope you will try many things
  • The more you try, the richer they'll get
Sadly, all it takes is a little bit of time to create some hype and get the "word" out there about their "products".

If someone steps up to say something negative they'll swarm you with responses - it doesn't matter if the responses are accurate or truthful... They're not concerned with convincing everyone of the "possible benefits"; a small handful is enough to make tens of thousands of dollars a month.

A happy living for a scoundrel.

Last edited:
Just to mention my own experience with Eric's book/etc:

When my father was diagn with als, of course, I went on the internet to search for information. Of course, Eric's site was one of the first ones to come up. I called "his doctor's" office so that I may hear in person from the doctor who (in the book) was attesting that Eric could do push-ups, and was in such a great shape... Mind it, at that time, I was not even being sceptical, just desperate to hear something good and positive, to allows our family to keep going and help dealing with the horrible situation.

Well, the receptionist was very unfriendly and talked to me with open suspicion. She would barely confirm that I had the right office and the right doctor. And, NO, I could not speak with the doctor. And, NO, the doctor will not speak to me. He could only speak to me, if I was his patient, and NOT on the telephone.I persisted in asking about Eric's book, and if it was indeed true that the doctor was his doctor, and so on .... she would confirm NOTHING. You can imagine how I felt, when this array of hope was slammed - but at least from the start I was under no illusions about all the promotions and claims.

Even Better Now is a fraudulent website

Upila, I shouldn't be surprised, but I still find it shocking.

I feel terrible that you had to have the experience first hand; this is exactly the type of false hope and experience we're trying to educate people against.

This is also the reason we're vigilant against advertising and the posting of non-authorative links in these forums (explanation to follow):

Search engines pick up these posted links and use them to rank websites accordingly. These scammers post many links all around the internet and the search engines begin to think these websites are "good resources" for information about ALS.

The worst part is, individuals first diagnosed will find these websites and beleive what they read on the fraudulent evenbetternow.com website. Their first interaction with the company will most likely be the purchase of the book.

The book then tells people what products are required to "improve your health". What follows? The purchase of the rest of the products at the cost of thousands of dollars a month.

The book is only the beginning the Even Better Now fraud.

Last edited:
Just as a heads up for the posts that follow; I've already noticed a "growing" interest in the number of visitors suddenly to this thread.

An unusually high number of visits from users and members; prepare for the "onslaught" I mentioned earlier.

I'd like to think posting this message will deter them from coming, but that might be wishful thinking.

Update/Edit: This message worked for now, two of our "members" were posting a reply but must have decided against it; they didn't complete their replies and have logged out of the forum. A small victory.

Last edited:
I certainly don't have any disagreement with the vigilance this site uses to sniff out scam artists. I think it is clear from all the other posts I've made here that I'm not a shill for Edney or "Even Better Now".

When I first was diagnosed with ALS and began investigating, I too noticed that Edney and "Even Better Now" popped up on just about every variant of search I made under "ALS". This of course was very suspicious. However my brother bought the Edney book for me upon hearing of my diagnosis. I read the book and came away with very mixed feelings. On the one hand Edney comes off as a sincere fellow who has succeeded in reversing some of his ALS symptoms. On the other hand some of his ideas seem farfetched, to say the least.

We cannot know if Edney's regimen actually helped him or if he is just in that small category of fortunate PALS whose disease process stops (the scientific literature shows there are some cases like that, which medical science cannot explain). Then there is that "Even Better Now" website, which clearly is a scam; it isn't clear if Edney owns the website or just recommends it (the website identifies "Andrea Nichols, M.S.W. (Community Health),Natural Health Consultant" as "Founder and Co-owner" and gives an Arizona address-is Edney the other "co-owner"? It doesn't say).

Bottom line, I'm just not sure that all alternative healing is a "scam", even though there certainly are alternative healing scams out there.

As for the foot baths, which started this discussion, so far I've taken three of them and noticed no benefit. I'd suggest anyone who might be interested in trying them not buy them from "Even Better Now" where they are clearly overpriced. In fact, I'd avoid that site on general principles because of the "snake oil" sales pitches contained therein.

David said:
There's little difference other than the cost involved and the journey on a plane.

Sell one $20,000 mircale procedure, or 500 overpriced clay foot baths; makes little difference to the person receiving the profit.

The individuals online that are involved in these scams are careful to post to online forums such as this one, they recommend these products and spend time endorsing them. All their efforts are based on numbers and effort:
  • They post a few hundred "recommendations" about a product on forums where they've built up some reputation as a "forum member"
  • They setup a few websites to endorse the products
  • They add some fake testimonials
  • They pay for some advertising on Google so that people are able to find their products and websites
  • They continue to post information online using hope tactics
  • They sell their products and laugh all the way to the bank, on your back
  • They hope you will try many things
  • The more you try, the richer they'll get
Sadly, all it takes is a little bit of time to create some hype and get the "word" out there about their "products".

This forum has become such an important place of support for me that I feel it necessary to come back on and respond to the above, just to say that I'm not one of "those people" referred to in the above comments. I would shudder to think that people here would stop resonding to me and interacting with me because they thought I just came here to build up some "points" so I could then shill for some product or other.

For the record, if you look back, my comment about clay baths was partof a much longer post I made in response to a request another forum member made about what I was doing. That post contained the caveat that I had no idea if any of these things were actually helping me and that I was not recommending them for anybody else; simply that these seemed to be the things that made the most sense to me to try.

And that, I hope, will be the end of this discussion for me:)

... anyone who can twostep to country and western music with clay on their feet gets my respect!

Cheers

T.

Eric, book, & stupidity

David said:
The worst part is, individuals first diagnosed will find these websites and beleive what they read on the fraudulent evenbetternow.com website. Their first interaction with the company will most likely be the purchase of the book.

Whoa! I feel REALLY stupid now! :( That's exactly what I did when I first learned of my sister's diagnosis! I finally finished reading the book last night. But as you said, I was looking for a miracle and was sucked in. I'm more intelligent than that and should have known better, I guess. But when you're deep in denial, I guess you'll turn to anything that might seem to be helpful.

Kudos to you, upila, for actually trying to call the doctor!

Marcia

even better now

does anybody know if eric edney really has als or is he faking that too

wondering
kim

Marcia, don't feel silly, how could anyone possibly know, who would ever guess that people could be so callous and malicious just to make a buck. This whole experience has been an eye opener for me; if only we could all learn this hard lesson for $20-$30 and be wiser for the experience.

Dave, the clay foot baths are most definitely sold under fraudulent terms. Any clay foot bath product being sold for the purpose and use by ALS patients to improve their health, any use other than "clay foot bath to soothe feet, soften calluses and unravel daily damage", is being sold under false pretenses.

Yes, these foot baths can be had at a cheaper price, unfortunately the first XX pages of any search engine are all links to places that sell this product as a "benefit" for ALS patients. Unfortunately, people that have read about the clay foot baths product will NOT purchase the non-ALS benefitting clay foot baths, they'll naturally purchase the product that mentions ALS. Sad, true, and very profitable for the small handful of website owners that own hundreds of clay foot bath product sites.

Remember, it doesn't matter if you purchase the clay foot bath from Eric Edney's website, the EBN website, or any of the other websites that sells the ALS-benefitting clay foot bath, chances are, the same people own all the websites; they'll even have different prices so that when you find one for half the price you think you're getting a deal.

It's a complete SCAM and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Dave, I don't question your ethics or motivations, there's no possible way I could know what your intentions are.

I am curious why you continue to defend the clay foot baths and suggest that it's "worth trying" - this is a product endorsement without question. Originally you mentioned the low cost as a good reason; however, I fail to see any correlation between product cost and benefit.

What has convinced you that it's useful or beneficial? I assume it must be the Eric Edney book, or information you have read online; both of which have been shown to be misleading.

It's clay foot baths today, and it will be a "new and incredible" product tomorrow; I have no illusions, these scams will continue; and I can only hope that myself, and others, are around to put a stop to it before anyone purchases anything.

I'm very proud that ALSforums is trying to stop this nonsense, I only wish that the forums would do the same. The forum has to be one of the largest forums for ALS patients and its absolutely filled with false hope, veiled salesmen, and individuals only posting to make a dollar.

I question the motivations of the individuals responsible for running the forums. Those forums and their sister sites in their "webring" are all generating large amounts of revenue; such a shame. The worst part is the BT forums are promoted by what appear to be reputable organizations.

However, we'll leave the chat for another day, as I'm tired and worn out from this discussion :(

Stay tuned though, the discussion will be interesting and I'm sure there's a lot going on over there that most of the legitimate members are completely unaware of.

Hopefully, in time, individuals will choose to abandonthe BT forums completely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back