?Anyone know of a good "mouse" for people who have trouble using a regular one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NvrGiveUp

Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
FL
City
Orlando
?Anyone know of a good "mouse" for people who have trouble using a regular one?

Hi everyone... T has been having a rough couple of days this week. Hopefully she will feel better soon, she was not sleeping very well the past few days. To top it off, her upper arm is really hurting too. We think it is from the workout of moving her computer mouse around (or trying to). Does anyone use a mouse that can be controlled via head motions? I have not had time to look into the technologies available, but it sure would be nice to surprise her with something easy to use. She had been trying a roller mouse, but that was too sensitive and you still have to use your hands on that one. The computer is her main way of connecting with friends and family and her entertainment too, so making that easier to do is going to help a lot.

Thanks so much for the help...

Pam

I am using SmartNav4AT from Naturalpoint. It's a head mouse and works great. I can still use a regular mouse, but got it to practice before so that am ready when it's time.

Smart move Nishant...are you liking it? Any weak or particulatily strong points to it?
Rick

It's pretty good. I hated it the first day, as it was not tuned correctly. But slowly I optimized it for my setting/environment and it works great for me. I like the gravity feature, it allows the mouse pointer to automatically snap to a button/icon if I pass over one. I have problems using sliders like volume control, but I suppose as I use it more I will get a hang of sliders as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back