Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Alexandria
Yessireee folks , I'm getting PEG'd. This is a pre-emptive decision while my lungs are still working well.

Now if I can get my left leg replaced with a bionic one, and get the Terminators left hand, get a cool voice like James Earl Jones , I will be able to go out and kick Darth Vaders butt.

NO , contrary to popular opinion, I have not lost my marbles. But , you might as well have fun with an unpleasant procedure.

Beth , are you reading for this weekend ? *wink* *wink*

Glen

way to go Glen! I finally decided that I needed extra calories over and above my formula so I am now having a beer through my peg tube. It is my first attempt at getting back to normal and while it is not the same as drinking the effect is the same. It feels good to have a cold beer again. And when I get one of those fancy blenders like Joel has I will have a juicy steak to go with my beer! And the voice is easy to get, all you need is a dynavox and you can sound like lots of people (all of them bad BTW) .:lol:

I would say good luck but you wont need it. The procedure will be a snap and you will be back here causing trouble shortly thereafter.

Excellent news! You will be very thankful you did it now instead of later. Easy procedure.

Glen, there will be some dynamite roles in "The House of the Little Women," including Madam March and her boyfriend Jack Hoff. I hope you guys all are up for these roles.

:twisted:

Glen thanks for giving us all an advanced warning that you will be absent for a day. It will be tough to carry on here without you but it is a very good thing that you are getting that PEG sooner rather than later. Of course it will be a breeze and I am sure you will entertain the hospital staff with your shenanigans.

I can't wait for this weekend's production...

Glen-

Sorry that you are in a position that you even have to make a choice like this; but glad that you decided to do things on your terms.

I had you "pegged" as a take charge kind of guy!

good luck with your peg tube.

Glen, good luck and remember the hospital gown opening goes in the back, not the front.

Dana

Glen, good luck and remember the hospital gown opening goes in the back, not the front.

Dana

I guess it depends on who you want to attract !

Bionics, here we come....

Yessireee folks , I'm getting PEG'd. This is a pre-emptive decision while my lungs are still working well.

Now if I can get my left leg replaced with a bionic one, and get the Terminators left hand, get a cool voice like James Earl Jones , I will be able to go out and kick Darth Vaders butt.

NO , contrary to popular opinion, I have not lost my marbles. But , you might as well have fun with an unpleasant procedure.

Beth , are you reading for this weekend ? *wink* *wink*

Glen

Yep, I saw some time ago that the Japanese were working on an exoskeleton for people who could not walk. I WANT one. The price was set to be somewhere around $25000USD. But then I also looked up the tankchair, and want one of those too. Gotta have my toys.....

Perry

Any news on the chair yet Glen?

AL.

None yet. Seems everyone local is on vacation. I was at the Handi-House yesterday, who are the designated distribution channel of the ALS Society around here. They mentioned that there no more available for my size.
I was a bit leary of that answer , as they had chairs FOR SALE also.

I have sent an email off to a person that works for the ALS Society and am waiting a response.

Thanks AL .

Glen

Hey Glen...good decision to get the peg early rather than later! Can I ask what your fvc is at this point? I am still swallowing real well but find my appetite is bad...not sure if it because of being in a chair full time or if it has more to do with the pure effort of eating. This is coming down the road for me too...good luck Bro!
Barry....you do us proud...beer thru a peg is better than no beer at all!
Rick

OK guys , what more incentive do we need other than this.
YOU CAN HAVE A BEER WITHOUT WASTING DOWN YOUR CHIN .
Beer, Its not just for breakfast anymore !

Barry, I hear that if you burp you can taste it , have you tried that yet?

Rick , currently FVC is 57% . If I stack breaths with the bag , its 61% .

Al , just got word back from my ALS contact telling me to contact Joanna directly . She gave me her number and said she is currently on holidays. But I also got her backup associate name too.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back