Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
US
State
ma
City
franklin
I have been tiring more easily - good for about 1 hr socilizing or 10 min walk a day. I am a single mom. My two girls 11 and 14 are with me 4 days a week. I was having trouble getting into affordable housing because I own a house (which is in forclosure). My ex has asked me to move into his multi level home(no bathroom on main floor)with his wife and 9 mo baby. I don't know what comes next, I'm AFRAID. When does suplemental services start. Should I see if they will make renovations. We get along very well but have different styles of parenting.
Help!?
Any advice?
Kris

Kris,

My thinking is to work at the solution that is going to bring you the least amount of stress. Stress has been known to exacerbate the disease.

Just a thought...

Zaphoon

Kris,

I think if I were in your situation, that this would be a good option. It would take a lot of the physical exertion off of you, and, importantly, make it easier for your girls. As it is now, they may sometimes feel that they have to choose between spending time with you or letting you rest. Maybe the differences in parenting styles can be contained within the areas of the home that each of you occupy.

~ Completely unrelated to ALS, I've read of couples who have divorced, but have children together, that even will buy homes next door to one another, etc.

If you're asking about supplemental services as far as the financial side of doing remodeling to accommodate your needs, the MDA has $2,000 grants available, you just have to apply, and also, the ALS Guardian Angels is a fantastic organization ready to try to help out as needed. Stu, who created it, is a member here. I am not sure if you have been active enough on this forum to be able to private message members yet (he is SMillheiser) but you can call him at (949) 488- 9894.

Good luck to you, and hang tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back