Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Baltimore
Can someone tell me what I should do with the caugh assist machine. The machine belonged to my husband. He no longer needs it. I don't know what to do with it. I would like to donate it to someone that has a need for it but I don't know if I am supposed to turn it in to somewhere. I believe that medicare paid for it. Would someone let me know what useally happens in these situations.

silent1,

Sorry about your situation and I hope you and your children are doing well.

You can donate the machine to the ALS Assoc. They should pick it up. Or the MDA may want it.

Also, if you post under the "Used ALS Equipment for Sale," I'm sure someone in need would probably pay the postage if you wanted to ship it to them.

The easiest thing would be the ALSA, though.

Hi my mom has bulbar ALS and needs a cough assist and was told today that the insurance would not pay for it. We are call ALS Assoc and see if there is anything they can do to help us cause the cost of the machine is 6,000 and we just don't have that kind of money. If the assoc cant help us what would you want for the cough assist?

Thank you Jimercat for the info. I did take your suggestion and donated the cough assist machine to the Maryland Chapter of the ALS Association. And, yes they did pick it up. Thank you so much for your assistance and kind words.

Silent1

suntan,

Why will they not pay for the cough assist? Does your mom go to an ALS Clinic and is she on Medicare? This needs to be appealed by her doc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back