Diagnosis
12/2007
Country
US
State
CA
City
Mentone
Does anyone go to the UC Irvine Clinic in Calif? I started with UCLA and then switched closer to home at Loma Linda Clinic. MDA rep wants me to try UCI. Any info would be helpful.

Sharonca

Sharon, that's where I was diagnosed. (Long drive from the Valley.) UCI also has a free MG Clinic in Long Beach, sponsered by the MG Assoc., and I had gone there after I was diagnosed with MG, and they sent me to UCI for an EMG and other tests, and that changed my diagnosed.

I saw Dr. Mossafar and a Dr. Deng (he was a "fellow"). Dr. Mossafar has no bedside manner whatsoever, but apparently is a top-notch ALS expert. The clinic's superbly equipped ... seems spiffier than UCLA, and the parking's better. :roll: I also got good e-mail support in the transition to UCLA, both from Dr. Deng and from other medical personnel.

I'd be very comfortable going there again, but was glad to get referred to UCLA because of the long drive to UCI. Overall impression: It's a very, very good clinic.

Thanks Beth. I just liked Dr. Graves so much I was thinking it would be good to go back to UCLA. Guess I have a decision to make!
Sharon

Yeah, I like Dr. Graves, too. Especially those bow ties ! And he is so kind ... seems to understand that PALS are people first and patients second.

If you could switch to UCLA, maybe we could meet up some time and boogie in the waiting room.

Uci

Sharon,

I know the people at the clinic very well. At one point we discussed merging the Angels into their operation and sharing overhead. You've heard Doctor Mozafar (sp?) speak. He was the neurologist at the forum where I saw you. He is a warm , compassionate, dedicated man. The person who runs the clinic is Sandhya (sp?). She is one of a kind. She is a wonderful energetic woman who is also absolutely dedicated to the cause. If I can help you getting in there, let me know.

Stu

Hi Stu, I believe that is were Augie goes isnt it? Always thinking of how lucky we are that you care about us.

Yes, that's where I first met Augie.

Thanks all for the info. Now I just need to get an appt. Andi at the MDA is setting up the appt. Thanks for the offer Stu. I really like the people at Loma Linda clinic and especially Dr. Nist the neurologist. She will remain my treating neurolgist.

Sharonca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back