City
Claremont
Like:

Driving - I tried last week and couldn't, I didn't crash, It was my decision
Wiping
Walking well - I am borrowing (from ALSA) a Hoveround this week
Talking clearly

But I have a great wife!

Sorry to hear about your progression. I hadn't seen any posts from you lately and have been wondering how you were doing.
Hang tough-

Love,
Cindy

I'm so sorry for the progression. I'm going to be looking at some of those soon. (I'm ahead of you on the talking. But the walker's been ordered) This thing just doesn't let up, does it?

Hang in there.

Hey PDaddy,

Ditto what Cindy said.

Wiping - Yowza! I gotta make sure I get my Toto Washlet installed before this happens.

Good to see you still appreciate the good things you DO have!

-Tom

Like my dad (94 and healthy as a horse) says, just do the best you can. Keep your sense of humor and don't lose hope.

AL.

I am a newby on this site, diagnosed with ALS 6/06, but wanted to tell you the change that wheels made in my life. I got a scooter over a year ago, and my powerchair last January. I love them both! I cause a bit of worry to those around me, but I charge up and go-everywhere. I can see whats around me instead of watching for pebbles to trip over! I join "bike rides" with the kids in the neighborhood, go get my own groceries and have them put them on the back of my chair, I mean everywhere. At least when weather permits. Even in the winter, my caregiver wraps me like a burrito with mittens on and I go to the nearby coffee shop. I feel free, independent, and motivated! But I understand your feelings -I miss rolling over in bed, and playing guitar..(not at the same time!-well, maybe!
Jenny
LIVE OUT LOUD

Jenny...

Welcome to the forum :smile:

Pat... I too had noticed your absence here, I hope you reach a plateau, and also are able to come to grips with the changes you face.... and chiming in about the Toto washlet, even your wife would enjoy having such a convenience, maybe its something to put some of the MDA money toward...

Thanks all, no plateau, but I'm OK, I even changed my avatar... (photo upload failed, I'll try again)

I put in a new bidet toilet seat made by Jaquzzi (sp) - it is exactly like the Brondell one but about 200 cheaper. I love it. I'm missing walking more than I thought I would. Just so many places in my house I cannot get to. And I cannot decorate my house. My friends did a good job but I always enjoyed getting things ready for Christmas. Must learn to be happy for what I have... I'll work on that tomorrow.

Sharonca

Thanks for the tip, Sharon. I've always wanted a Jacuzzi. :lol:

(still waiting for those bathroom pics you promised)

I've got 4 contractors bidding on my remodel...

-Tom

Newcastle

Hi Pat,

going thru very similar restrictions myself.

i started myself on a Newcastle Brown Ale diet.

i drink about 3 to 40 per day.... i've gained 4 lbs.

my wife says it's her good cooking, but i prefer

to think it's the beer.

your friend in pain,

Shane

Tom - I'm buying a camera tomorrow!

Sharonca

Hey Shane, I still prefer Bombay Sapphire!

Hi Pat,

going thru very similar restrictions myself.

i started myself on a Newcastle Brown Ale diet.

i drink about 3 to 40 per day.... i've gained 4 lbs.

my wife says it's her good cooking, but i prefer

to think it's the beer.

your friend in pain,

Shane

My mom really wants to drive again, she hasn't in probably a month. She can barely talk but has full use of her hands and walks with a walker. Just drags her left foot a little but I'm thinking maybe she can still drive, or maybe just when I'm with her. She had several falls but I think was all caused by lack of nutrition and hydration. Am I crazy to let her drive when we are together?

BethU, I know you are still driving but you haven't had any trouble with falls have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back