Diagnosis
07/2008
Country
CA
State
Ont.
City
Hamilton
well I'm still here kicking and screaming sort of speak. I have been going downhill very fast I can't type walked shower myself. This whole thing is starting to get to me I don't know how much more I can take. My doctor had to send my folder to the compensation board or some may know it as WSIB. After they read everything WSIB found that it had nothing to do with my accident at work so they cut me off. So now moneywise I receive nothing of course I will fight it but hope I can last long enough financial. This puts my whole family at risk of losing their home is it not fair. I worked for 39 years and think I deserve what I'm beginning now and that is not much. I also lost my benefits so I am paying for all my medications now that I have nothing coming in I won't be able to get them. I have applied for CPP but still I'm waiting even if I get this it will not be enough. I don't know what to do now I'm at the end of my rope and giving up fast.

Hi bossman. Have you talked to the social worker at the ALS Clinic? Sometimes they can light a fire under some butts and get you some help. Glad to see you're still around,by the way.

AL.

hey bossman-

Keep hangin on buddy. Never give up! Hopefully some others will have some ideas for you as far as expediting getting help.

Cindy

Hey bossman- glad to see hear from you although I wish things could be better for you. Are you registered with the MD society and your local ALS chapter? Sounds like you need a social worker to help you nivagate the benefits systems. Cindy

I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing ....

What a lousy situation, but you sound like a pretty tough guy, so hang in there. There's got to be a solution. Hopefully SOON !

I thought I was a tough guy but I'm finding this the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. I guess what makes me mad as hell is that compensation has cut me off with no regards to myself or my family. I do now have two pensions in the works. Mind you if this does not work fast myself and my family will lose our home. The ALS society I do deal with and they are there one day and not the next they're very inconsistent. I have a person that comes up for it are my physiotherapists in a month and a half I've seen her three times. But I do hope things will get better if not I don't know what I will do.

Hoping and praying those pensions come through, and soon!

well I got the one pension CPP it pays retroactive from last October works out to about $9,000. Then no monthly payments come through mind you that's a bit of a joke $700 a month 300 off the top rate. I also filed for a union disability pension thousand dollars a month. This CPP only go back seven years not to 39 I worked. Well at least one good thing happened a buddy of mine put a ramp in my garage so I can get in and out of the house.

That great! I hope good things continue to happen to you!
Cindy

Bossman, Any money is better than none. I hope the rest works out for you soon. That's great news about the ramp. It will make your life easier. Thanks for checking in. :)

We're here watching and reading your posts and hoping for great things for you!
We have had to hurry to file, and then wait and wait for things to happen. Things
have been coming through pretty well, but surely not fast enough to make us relax.
You're doing all the right things. Good luck! Rick and Marjorie >>PALS and CALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back