Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
This might be common sense to some, but not to all.

While trying to determine whether my husband had pneumonia, he disclosed to the Clinic people that he had ridden amusement rides in the few days before. I was unaware he had done this, as he was just going to take my son and watch with my SIL.

Think about the centrifugal force that you will be submitting your body to before you attempt to do this to yourself! We were told that since the muscles are weak, his folly could have resulted in internal bleeding, as your organs are also protected by your muscles.

He is deeply saddened that he will no longer be able to go on rides with our son, as we go to Orlando every year to see one of his siblings (free stay :)).

Whoa! I never thought of that! I am the type that is overly cautious with that kind of stuff (My daughter says I have a worry wort the size of Texas)but it just didn't occur to me about the potential danger to internal organs.

We went to Disney this last June & my hubby didn't go on a few rides that he wanted to go on because he didn't think his neck muscles were strong enough.

CJ, thanks for alerting us to this! And I am so glad your DH is doing better.

Linda

Now you tell me. 2 years ago in Las Vegas I rode the coaster at New York New York. I swear to God that thing had square wheels. Bumpiest ride I ever had. I will say the harness pushing on my abdomen was making me short of breath and when climbing the big hill I was having a hard time breathing. Can't recline without Bipap siince 05. Forgot that little detail. That was my last thrill ride. Unless you count driving to Cleveland in March in the worst snow storm in 25 years while strapped in the back of the van. That was thrilling.

AL.

Well, one ride scared the bejesus out of him and there was nothing he could do! He had to ride it out! He couldn't get his breath.

What can I say, He's blond!:mrgreen:

This is on par with Captain Al forgetting that his legs and arms were weak and trying to launch the fishing boat. I think he remembered right about the time the boat started floating away, am I right, MT? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back