Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
CA
City
Claremont
I know I shouldn't dwell on what I can't do, but its hard isn't it?! I do have a positive attitude, I am looking forward to Heaven!

Anyway, I miss:

Tearing a sugar (sweet-n-low) bag open
[now I use scissors]

Opening a soda can
[now I use a opener from Sammons_Preston]

Turning the key to my house
[now I use a key helper from Sammons_Preston]

Turning the key to start my car
[now I use a automotive key helper from Sammons_Preston]

Taking my gas cap off
[now I need assistance from someone]

Buttoning my shirts
[now I need assistance from someone]

Throwing a frisbee for my dog
[my Aussie can catch frisbees for HOURS!]

Unhooking my wife's bra
[just seeing if anyone is still reading this]

Not jumping at every little noise

Carrying 2 Sparkletts bottles at once

Whistling loudly

Clapping

Writing
--------------------------------

After all that, I still enjoy every day!

Yea them bra hookey things can be a challenge.

AL.

There are many reasons why I stay on this forum. Threads like this and the many people like Al and PDaddy are certainly two of the main reasons. I Just thought I'd share. Take care my friends.

PDaddy:

I appreciate your atttitude. It seems as though I'm heading in that direction with respect to hand proficiency.

It's all the simple things in life that we take for granted.... until we can't do them anymore!

Hey, I can still get the gas cap off! And my cat refuses to chase frisbees. Otherwise, your list is spot on. (And just for laughs, trying unhooking a bra sometime with your arms twisted behind your back!:))

Good to know about those key helpers.
BethU

I was thrilled to learn that the gas station has to pump self-serve gas for me with my handicap placard.

I'd like to go to the store and not be totally exhausted. Make that across the room.

I am grateful my hands still work great. I am a very fast typist. That will be hard to lose.

If I get to Heaven first, I'll be looking for you PDaddy!

Sharonca

Your attitude is a true blessing here!

Too bad you don't live in NJ. You are not ALLOWED to pump your own gas. :)

missing

Your post is sooo true and funny too!

My husband said before he dies he would like to be "whole" again to throw a ball to his grandson and to pick up his granddaughter and hold her in the air.

I miss his hugs most and him wiping his own butt! Had to end that with some humor, but it is true! :)

Patty

I'd like to be able to wipe my own butt. Most people I have met and that is a lot since 2003 are totally bummed out (pun intended) at the thought of someone doing that job for them. I was but the first time was not as bad as I thought. The lady discretely waited out side while I did my 'business" And flushed to get rid of some of the scent of last nights dinner. I then called out that I was ready for the paper work. She came in and asked what I meant. Well I said, the jobs not done until the paper works finished. She had not heard that expression before. You gotta love the generation gap. God this is so much fun I could just sh_t. LOL.

al.

you guys are awesome! This IS so much fun I could just sh_t! It certainly makes the day more entertaining when we can laugh.
As for the bra hookey thing, what ever happened to using the teeth? hahahaha
Love to you all,
brenda

I was going to mention that I had done that but thought it was too rude for the forum. LOL.

AL.

Gheez! I go to bed early and look at what goes on late at night around here! :-D

on a funny note, pdaddy~

maybe you should invent a bra unhook gadget to be sold at sammons-preston! shoot, non als men need that! my hubby does! and us ladies at times could use one for ourseves! and you could make a couple bucks........imangine seeing folks faces when they see that in a catalogue!

Al....you could keep a can of 'neutra air' in the bathroom, so the poor woman could give a spritz, and then wouldn't be knocked over by your aromatic scent! :mrgreen: Also...a ladies hint. Try the wet wipes (target brand) sorry they are in the feminine aisle. They work wonders on the butt, and you feel soooo clean! :-D

Have a great day!

take care
lovelily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back