Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
I used to wear the "body by victoria" victoria secret bras. I now have trouble unhooking them, and the underwire makes my g-tube uncomfortable.

Recommend a bra?? Maybe front closure, underwire-free, and it'd be awesome if it didn't look frumpy and un-sexy. Currently I'm just wearing a front closing sports bra. It works but doesn't look great under clothing.

Thanks Nikki, before posting I searched "bra" and got nothing! Glad you found this.

Hey Kristina!
This is one of those things that are driving me squirrel-y. I can't do back hooks, or front closure. Going bra-less is NOT happening. Sports bras for me, even though I hate the look, not to mention the time and trouble to get them on.
Angie

Being a woman is seriously hard! I had my period when they placed the tube (thanks universe) and afterwards couldn't pee so I had two nurses trying and failing to find my urethra to put a catheter in (really? I know it's hard to find but you're nurses!). The put 3 catheters in the wrong place before they got my urethra. After that party I spent two night getting my pads changed by a male nurse... I'm so done with female problems.

Oh girl!
I totally hear you! Having to go back to pads made me soooo angry. Like, really?
I'm sorry that the nurses weren't spot-on.

Angie

See, see! It's not just me. Even PROFESSIONALS can't find a women's urethra.

61 years old and I still don't know my way around a woman's body.

Back to the subject at hand (MIKE!! Young man, behave yourself...)

I found wrestling on sports bras a frustrating and exhausting exercise. I discovered a few that have zip fronts and just added a ring or fabric pull on the zipper tab for better grip. Hooks and eyes or snaps are beyond me now and an athletic bra tight enough to provide comfort and support was virtually impossible to pull on for me.

I find myself unable to give up on wearing a bra. I feel nekkid without one- like riding in a car without a seatbelt on.

I highly recommend one of these:D

Attachments

• Fat Gangsta Bitch.jpg
    Fat Gangsta Bitch.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,657
Seeing the title of the thread, I was totally unsurprised to see Big Mark reply!

Kristina check out Silverts.com They have a great line of bras and lots of adaptive wear. Good quality and service.

I wear fairly tight tank tops under my shirts. I will put on a bra if I'm going someplace where I'll be noticed but I usually take a cotton jacket (Fresh Produce makes some great ones) and that covers me nicely. I have a solid C-cup so it isn't like I'm flat chested. When I ran I hated sports bras because, even then, they felt tight and hard to get on and off.

Mike, it's not an excuse for you to not know, it's a disgrace for them not to have as medical professionals! I made sure my daughter knew the difference between her vagina, urethra, and vulva by the time she was 4. But then, I'm one of those liberal progressive parents. :)

Shiftkicker- the sports bras I am using right now are zip front. They work great as long as I have help getting the zipper started, and they are comfortable enough to sleep in. But they give that uniboob under clothing which is just not sexy. Maybe I'm being too vain wanting a bra to look like a regular bra but be in reality adaptive.

Laurel: thanks Ill check it out!

Kristina, I am absolutely aware of the uniboob look! I was an athlete for years and years and gave up on the sexy part and concentrated on keeping everything strapped in tight. There MUST be a solution for this, but I find bra shopping as stressful as public speaking, so went with comfort instead of good looks. Yes, I also wear jogging pants around the house.

I wish you luck. If you find something both sexy and easy to put on, please report back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back