08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
PALS/CALS

If you are in Florida, are you going to evacuate? When and where?

I have reservations in Atlanta from Thursday through Monday. I-75 is already congested.

I have wondered how many folks would be affected by this. This storm appears to be unprecedented- winds strong enough to register on seismographs.

It's bad. I've been in Florida since 1978 and I've not seen one this bad that is predicted to hit the whole state.

I'm staying put.
I live in the dead center of Florida. My house is inside a forest.

The worst thing that could happen is the Internet will go out.

The Internet going out is arguably not a bad thing.

Greg,
I just hope 45 stays away from Florida. I don't want his freak show on our local channels.

Oh, you know that idiot will be there once the danger is gone. Gotta get his mug on TV!

Just happened to be on a road trip in NC and TN. Had planned on coming back on Sunday. Don't think that is going to happen. I have someone that will put the hurricane shutters up on Thursday. I grew up in FL and ride most of them out. This one looks like it could get rough.

Bruce

I worry about all of you down there. Kim, I'm glad you are leaving, and Chief, how wise to stay away. Mike, you worry me. This storm can do terrible things to a forest. I hope you will all keep us updated.

Becky

Bruce,
I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you are out of Florida.

Mike, sending positive thoughts your way. If your Internet goes out, can you post using your cell phone just to let us know you are OK?

Everybody ! Party at mikes house!

Seriously , get out for a few if ya can . Be sending good thoughts your all's way. Love ya. Chally

Thanks for the thoughts. My kids are going to join relatives northward.

With the right attitude, there is an upside. For instance,

Super Typhoon Pamela went THROUGH my house on Guam in 76. Lost everything. Power was out for weeks. Looting and martial law.

The noise, winds, flying houses and the rising waters--what a rush!

I've lived thru Mt.St. Helens erupting and being evacuated due to the Waldo Canyon forest fire.

I've decided I should avoid coastal areas, just in case. A Hat Trick of disasters isn't on my bucket list...

(of course, we don't need to discuss the Yellowstone Super Volcano, just to the north of me!)

Stay safe all of you down there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back