Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Oakville
Hi folks, good news today. Tonight my son and his family are coming for dinner, That includes my two grand kids that I have not seen for months. My seventeen year old grandson who is trying to figure out if the world is truly round and my sixteen year old granddaughter who looks like a model with blonde hair down to her waist but like her father would rather be fishing or hunting, and my god I love them both.
And tomorrow afternoon my new two week old nephew is coming to visit and I'am told he will be wearing his little hat with fire trucks on it. You see, life is still very good.
Al

Congrats AL. Sounds like a good time ahead!

Al, I'm so happy you're blessed with family you love and get to see! Enjoy.

It sounds like you have a busy few days! A brand new nephew even!

I had to laugh at your assessment of your 17 yr old grandson. My son is that age and you are so correct. Not only is he trying to figure out if the world is truly round, he'll argue with you about it because he knows everything. Or, at least has some very strong opinions about it- none of which are based on fact.

Best

Hi ShiftKicker, I don't know if all boys are the same or not but I remember when I was about seventeen I worked with my Grandfather, and one day he said to me " Al, if you knew twice as much as you think you know you would relies you only know half as much as you outta know" and I have never forgot that.
Al

Have a lovely time with your family Al!

Ah sounds lovely, enjoy your family

Wendy x

Hope the visits were spectacular!

Angie

It's nice to know some things don't change even when ALS is in the Equation. My sixteen year old knows everything! It is the highlight of my day when he comes home spouting off about the latest injustice in the world! Life is good, you just have to look for it.

All sounds great...Love and admire your positive attitude!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back