Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Oakville
Good morning friends, this weekend my wife is not home and my son is here for the weekend to administer my meds to me with my tube and syringe, and to cook the meals, that works out good because he is a diesel mechanic but always wanted to be a chef so he is a hell of a cook.
My wife and her sister had planed a bridesmaid party for my niece who is getting married in the fall. My wife spent all day Friday getting things together and preparing food for the event,and of course my sister in law said she was doing the same thing, they live about an hour north of us and the event is planned to be at my sister in laws, her being the mother of the bride.
Yesterday My wife goes up to my son's home to pick up my daughter in law to go up to the party and find my daughter in laws mother there which is fine as her and my wife are good friends, although this was a surprise as she lives about three hour away and had not said anything about coming out, telling the wife it was a last minute thing that her and her daughter ( my sons wife) had arranged, so way they go.
On arrival in they go in and everyone helps bring all the stuff from my wife's car. After the get inside my wife realizes that none of the bridesmaids are there, there is just my wife, my daughter in law, her mother, my sister in law, her daughter who in the bride and my sister in laws daughter in law. So my wife of course says where is everyone else and they answer, this is it, there is no one else, this party is for you. It gives you a weekend away from Al ( me ) and all of you duties and housework you normally do, there is just the six of us for the weekend, we will eat drink some wine and laugh, and they are/did.
I thought this was a great surprise and of course the planning had been going on for months, even I didn't know any of this I was told of every thing last night by my son.
What a great surprise for my wife and she deserves every minute of it, I am so happy for her, I have not spoke to her yet but she will be home tonight.
Al
PS I think anyone who is taking care of us deserves something like this

What a great thing for them to do! You obviously have a wonderful and caring family. I hope you are enjoying the weekend with your son too

Thanks for sharing!

Al, that's really lovely. You and your wife have a wonderful and caring circle of family and friends. I hope your wife had a relaxing and fun time.

Fiona

What a wonderful idea, plan, and surprise! What caring and thoughtful people you have in life. Kate

I have tears in my eyes. It is so wonderful when family (and family to be) "gets it"!

My best!

Jim

That is the most wonderful surprise. Makes my heart happy. A well deserved weekend. I hope she enjoys every second.

That was fantastic! What fun!

Thanks for sharing, Al. We all need a feel-good story.

A beautiful story of a beautiful Family. So nice to know you are all loved and supported!

Awesome!! That is a great idea and story!

An amazing family and weekend for her. Your excitement for her is wonderful.

Hey Al
Just wanted to touch base. How's stuff?

Angie

Beautiful story--truly love in action. Thank you for sharing this. What a lift!

Thank guys for all the comments, it was really all my daughter in law and my sister in law that put it all together. It was a great success.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back