Old 03-07-2017, 10:15 AM #1 (permalink)

City: Oakville
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 05/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Firefighter58 is a glorious beacon of lightFirefighter58 is a glorious beacon of lightFirefighter58 is a glorious beacon of lightFirefighter58 is a glorious beacon of lightFirefighter58 is a glorious beacon of light
Firefighter58 is a glorious beacon of lightFirefighter58 is a glorious beacon of lightFirefighter58 is a glorious beacon of lightFirefighter58 is a glorious beacon of lightFirefighter58 is a glorious beacon of light
Default life became easier

Hi everyone
Life became easier yesterday, I got a new lift chair from the ALS society. Also two grab handles for the washroom, and just waiting for a bed rail which will make getting in and out of bed much easier. My wife is going over to the medical store today to buy a table for eating that is an attachment for the chair. ALS don't supply those but I don't mind buying one.
Al
Old 03-07-2017, 12:12 PM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
soonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
soonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud ofsoonerwife has much to be proud of
Default Re: life became easier

That's awesome!
Thanks from
Firefighter58 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 12:54 PM #3 (permalink)

City: Wilkes Barre
State: PA
Diagnosed: 01/2016
edschia is on a distinguished road
City: Wilkes Barre
State: PA
Diagnosed: 01/2016
edschia is on a distinguished road

Great news Al. It's amazing how a few changes make life easier. Take care, Lorrie
Thanks from
Old 03-07-2017, 03:25 PM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute

Al, I'm glad you found some things to make life easier. Laurie suggested I get a lift chair last year when my back started hurting. It was the best money I've ever spent. I have to guard it carefully so others don't use it! My dog even tries to take it over, especially when the heat is on!
Thanks from
Old 03-07-2017, 03:33 PM #5 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic

I don't know what we would have done without the lift chair, it was one of the earliest pieces of equipment we got and was used constantly. So glad you have some more things to help, everything counts!
Thanks from
Old 03-09-2017, 06:52 AM #6 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Minneapolis
State: MN
Diagnosed: 06/2016
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Lkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member

City: Minneapolis
State: MN
Diagnosed: 06/2016
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Lkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud ofLkaibel has much to be proud of

I love the ALS society. WE got a bath chair and grab bars from them. Great idea to circulate those items.
Thanks from
Firefighter58 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 09:14 PM #7 (permalink)

City: Kitchener
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Angiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the rough
City: Kitchener
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Angiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the rough

That's great news Al.....

Angie
Thanks from
Firefighter58 (03-16-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 11:34 AM #8 (permalink)

City: Toronto
State: ON - Ontario
Diagnosed: 11/2015
Gotty is on a distinguished road

Great news Al,
My ALS lift chair should be arriving tomorrow and we'll be measured for a stair entry ramp, also supplied by the group. Not sure if I will go with a scooter or mechanical chair for outdoor ventures, both of which have been offered. Looking forward to the lift chair, which for some reason i have been struggling to accept. I now welcome the less effort required to stand up. Good luck with your new toys!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:44 PM #9 (permalink)

Ya Gotty you will probably meet Sam then, He is the local ALS guy.
Al
Old 04-11-2017, 01:27 PM #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter58 View Post
Ya Gotty you will probably meet Sam then, He is the local ALS guy.
Al
Sam is awesome!. We are in the midst of altering the bathroom to put in a roll-in shower and remove the gargantuan tub. Sam was quite knowledgeable giving us tips on the remodel, and he also measured for a stair lift. Isn't anything he can't do. And, I am loving the stand-up chair!
All the best to you, Al
Gotty
Old 04-12-2017, 10:07 AM #11 (permalink)

Yea Gotty, I find everyone that I have delt with at ALS from the staff at the clinic on down to be very knowledgeable and a joy to be involved with. Let me know how you make out with a stair lift, I had to buy one of those to but mine had to make two turns and go to three levels.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, bed, chair, eating, life, lift, medical