Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
NY
City
Hudson Valley
I can eat soft food but it's getting more difficult so I'm turning more to puree ing . I'm having trouble with the consistency of certain foods. I tried pureeing instant oatmeal this morning but it was too gritty. I have a vitamix and had added cream and flaxseed oil. Any ideas? I have a feeding tube to supplement. Thanks

You can blend pretty much anything. Have you looked through the recipe section in the Other subforum? Mixed in are threads with ideas and tricks that might be helpful

I know a PALS who uses a Vitamix to have exactly what her family has each day. She has to water it down but she said it works fine. she puts it all down the tube, then eats what appeals to her and what she can manage.

We made puréed foods for my husband for quite a long time. For lunch and dinner it was beef, chicken, or fish with usually two vegetables. We found that beef and pork puréed better if they had been slow cooked in some liquid and the vegetables were cooked longer than usual. We would then add chicken or beef broth if we needed it thinner. Sometimes we would make bigger batches and freeze it for those times when we're all too tired to do it for each meal.

Would try to avoid coarser grains in blends: oats, corn as veg rather than meal or starch, barley, whole wheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back