Old 06-28-2017, 01:56 AM #241 (permalink)

City: West Melbourne
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
DaChief is on a very distinguished roadDaChief is on a very distinguished road
Default re: PALS roll call Wednesdays (or whenever) PALS ONLY PLEASE

I hit Wednesday a bit earlier than most of you. Had a great visit last night with my Dutch relatives. Off the ship this morning then one more day here in Amsterdam. Fly home tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good week.
DaChief is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:55 PM #242 (permalink)

City: Austin
State: Texas
Diagnosed: 11/2014
mpnatx is on a very distinguished roadmpnatx is on a very distinguished road
City: Austin
State: Texas
Diagnosed: 11/2014
mpnatx is on a very distinguished roadmpnatx is on a very distinguished road

Wishing all PALS and CALS a great day!
mpnatx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:07 PM #243 (permalink)

City: Kitchener
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Angiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the rough
City: Kitchener
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Angiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the rough

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Angie
Angiegal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:49 PM #244 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here and still in the pool every day. It looks like the remodel project has taken a life of its own. Cabinets for the two other bathrooms should be in tomorrow, then they can measure for the counter tops. After that, some final painting and widening one more door. I'm hoping everything will be complete by the end of August. The back splash for the guest bath is back ordered so that pushes it back a month.

My wheelchair came and it works great. I've not used it yet but it is now ready for the van and, after all the remodeling is done, I'll get the locks installed. For now, I just have tie downs. I'm still driving the RAV4 around.
KimT is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:19 AM #245 (permalink)

City: Sandy Springs
State: Georgia
Diagnosed: 10/2010
frankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud of
frankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud offrankb has much to be proud of

Another week gone by and another month bites the dust. Everything moves forward regardless if we desire it or not.

HAPPY CANADA DAY to our friends from the Great White North ! ! !
frankb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:44 AM #246 (permalink)

City: Stevenage
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 07/2016
WendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of light
City: Stevenage
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 07/2016
WendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of light

Still here, had a major dip in function but managing. So I cheered myself up by sponsoring one of Tillies Koalas.

Wendy
WendyWooG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
affected (06-29-2017)
Old 06-29-2017, 10:17 AM #247 (permalink)

City: Iowa City
State: Iowa
Diagnosed: 11/2015
Statius@ is on a very distinguished road

Still here--waiting for delivery of the bed that will allow us to begin sleeping in our newly remodeled downstairs bedroom. In a couple of days will head east to visit my sister, other kin and friends in Newport News. VA, our first long trip in our wheelchair van. Good thoughts toward all.

Ed
Statius@ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:45 PM #248 (permalink)

City: Vail
State: Colorado
Diagnosed: 07/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with another Motor Neuron Disease.
swalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to behold
swalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to behold

Reporting in from Vail after numerous weeks of missing in action.

I am still recovering from the trip to Yellowstone, but seem to be sleeping less now and my stamina seems to be a bit better.

I am really glad to be here with the beautiful weather we have been having.

Steve
swalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:38 AM #249 (permalink)

Another week and I was wondering if I still call it "Hump Day" since I am no longer working. . I suppose everyday could be hump day now. Getting closer to getting everything sorted for the remodel. Picking out the tile is the last step and it is proving to be the hardest.
DaChief is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:22 PM #250 (permalink)

It is a beautiful July day in Vail. We have had wonderful weather and I have been able to get out for some great wheelchair rides.

After church on Sunday, I took Gondola 1 up the mountain and then road my wheelchair across to the top to the Lionshead gondola. I then rode the Lionshead gondola down.

While at the top of the mountain, I noticed a smoke plume in the distance (about 20 miles away). A forest fire was reported as starting at 1:00 that day. It is now over 300 acres and the smoke from that fire blew into Vail yesterday. The smoke caused me a bit of distress due to my respiratory issues. I am sure hoping the winds shift today.

Steve
swalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:42 PM #251 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

Here in sunny Florida. Last night I went up to the rooftop deck and watched the fireworks over the ocean and inter coastal river. It was beautiful.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:50 PM #252 (permalink)

bummer. fell and broke wrist, following day wifey - and caregiver - fell breaking fibia a tibia. will be off forum for a few weeks. bummer.
frankb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:18 PM #253 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch and double ouch Frank! Feel better- both of you!

Happy Wednesday all!
Nikki J is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
frankb (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 05:09 PM #254 (permalink)

Made it to Newport News in our van--using the PWC mainly as a place to sit as we switched drivers. Wonderful to visit family and friends, but tiring as well. Typical summer weather in Virginia--hot and humid. Eating as much sea food as possible.

Ed
Statius@ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:29 PM #255 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

Oh Frank....hope you both heal up quickly.
Thanks from
frankb (07-05-2017)