Diagnosis
10/2016
Country
US
State
OR
City
Hillsboro
Checking in from Oregon where we are forecasted to get more snow. I have clinic day tomorrow.

Re: PALS roll call Wednesdays ( or whenever)

Still here. Starting tomorrow I will have a caregiver here 5 hrs. Mon.-Thurs.

Hugs,
Deb

Posting in late. Doing ok. I am in a theatre production which has been good to keep my attitude positive. I play an "Ogre" an I am off stage and my voice come from out under the audience. I use a mic and because my voice is weak at best we are using distortion features. Works pretty cool. Keeps me doing the things I love. Being in a pwc back stage has it's limits. Haha. Love ya all chally

Still here :))

Deb, Can you give me an idea of what your caregiver will do for the 5 hours each day? I have someone who comes in Tuesday and is willing to do more hours, when it becomes necessary. Right now she does laundry, bedding, cooking, light housekeeping and errands. She is willing to learn my equipment.

Posting late yet again.

Doing well. Had my driving test on Tuesday which I passed (and reported on in a separate thread). That required 4 hours of riding in the car to and from Denver, in addition to 4 hours taking the test.

I spent yesterday recovering and feel much fresher today. Looking forward to the coming week.

We have had some beautiful sunny weather. It was cloudy and snowy today, but in a ski area, that is considered beautiful weather as well:).

I have been outside riding my 4 wheel drive wheelchair in the snow and having a blast. It is amazing.

Steve

I am in a theatre production

You are amazing Chally. Always an inspiration to me!

Steve

New to ALS Forum

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site. Just trying to figure out how to make a new post. I guess this is a trial run. Thank you!

I'm still here, trying to adjust to the never ending changes.:?

Here and working to advance ALS Awareness. I have just finished a drug trial at Wake Forest ALS Clinic in Winston-Salem.,NC my home town. Google Wake Forest ALS RESEARCH Clinic. They have been working on a protein since 1999 that has shown great promise in treating ALS in mice . Research takes time and money. Myself and other PALS are working to help raise the funds to take this research to the next step. FDA. On the site you can make a donation. Urge your friends and family to go to the site. All donations go directly to the Wake Research team. Dr.Milligan has dedicated her career to finding effective treatment and a cure for ALS.

To my fellow PALS. Don't give in to ALS. We must do all we can to help make ALS a thing of the past. I want doctor's to be able to tell future patients " you have ALS but we now have a cure "

As Coach Jim Valvano said. " don't give up don't ever give up"

Hey Jeannette, welcome and posting ain't so hard once ya git the hang of it, ya git moderated once or twice but don't worry someone will help ya.
Yeah Hank thanks for your efforts, I help raise $ for Duke ,
NO WHITE FLAG
Chally

I'm here....holding steady, no new signs of progression. Feeling thankful that I am where I am, but frustrated that social security says I need to be more disabled to qualify. REally? my dad used his hands and walked for the four months he lived with als, then he died. It's like they want to drag things out so you die and they don't have to pay into your disability.....

Hi folks! I know I'm a day early (rather than the normal few days late), but expect to not be in to work tomorrow and just wanted to say Hi! Nothing new or exciting to report (which is, in and of itself exciting). Have a great one, and I'll see y'all 'round about the campus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back