Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
Somewhere
City
Small Town
Nope, I didn't stay up to see lighted balls, marshmallow chicks, pickles or sundry other things descend at midnight... By then I was engaged in checking my eyelids for light leaks ... :lol:

However, now that I have everything in place for our first Eucharist of 2017, I did want to pop in quickly just to say hello and share that I pray each of us (both PALS and CALS) may find peace and joy in 2017. Perhaps we'll not know continual happiness, but joy can be found in many places. Right now I'm joyful for an AFO and my most mundane of mobility aids, that blasted cane which I now use almost constantly. I had another rather uncontrolled "sit down" at the convenience store where I stopped for coffee this morning. Thankfully, the clerk listened to me this morning (yep, she knows my diagnosis) and did not call an ambulance. Had I used the cane for that short trip from the car into and out of the store, I might have avoided that "sit down". It seems that I'm having far more trouble going down from curbs than I am stepping up onto curbs. Ah well, I am truly joyful to have that cane and have resolved to get over my pride and use it more often!

My wife, our youngest son and his wife, spoke about our upcoming trip to Alaska to visit this summer. So, I can now be joyful about planning that trip and seeing some more of our nation's beauty. Dear wife suggested putting it off a year, since the kids are with us for the Holy Days, but I want to go in 2017 while I'm still fairly mobile and can do more.

Now, before I go, I also want to wish everyone a happy "8th Day of Christmas"! Let's keep the joy of that season alive and celebrate it well for all 12 days until it comes to an end on January 6th with the Feast of the Epiphany!

So, both Happy New Year and Happy 8th Day of Christmas to one and all!!

I'll toddle on down to the chapel shortly to celebrate our first Eucharist of 2017. Know that each of you will be remembered at the altar shortly!

John

Happy New Year all! 🍾🍾🎉🎉🎊

Happy New Year all. My husband is like you John, just now using a cane almost all the time and his afo's when out of the house too. Thanks for reminding us that peace and joy are possible even now.

Dear Father John,

You are such a blessing and so positive! Your congregation must love you very much.

I hope you have a joy-filled 2017 and make many good memories. May the Lord give you many more days of doing His work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back