Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
I have violated just about all of Max's rules on multiple occasions, each time to my detriment.

We just wrapped up a week-long trip to the Grand Canyon. The weather was cool, but glorious. Unfortunately, about half way through the trip I started feeling a bit sick. By the end of the trip I was feeling pretty poorly. We got home yesterday and I collapsed into bed.

From the symptoms, I believe I have have the flu (despite having a flu shot).

As many have discovered, getting sick is bad for us PALS. Not only do I feel yucky, but it is amazing how much it impacts my ability to do just about anything. It was a big achievement to make it to my computer today.

So, Max was right... Don't get sick!

Steve

Thinking about you, Steve. We've worked hard to keep anything more than a casual cold away from us. So... while we'd love to come visit, I think we'll pass this time. I'm sure you can understand. I hope that the worst that comes from this is the "yuckies"... and that it moves through you and past you in a most expeditious manner.

Our best!

Jim & Darcey

I'm sorry to read this, Steve. I'm a bit of a dragon when it comes to people showing up here sick, but it's hard to control exposure when you are out living life.

I hope you recover and get back to where you were. Rest!
Becky

Lots of fluids and rest and I truly hope you recover fast ... sure glad you weren't reporting a fall though! Wish I could give you a bunch of lemons off my tree xxx

I hope are better soon Steve.

Rest up and get better, we want you feeling better.
Luv Gem

Sorry to hear this Steve!
Glad ya had another good adventure!
I too had flu shot but also I take table spoon of cider vintager 3 X day cause I seem to be around lots of people.
We posted a nice little note on front door saying we're glad your here to visit BUT if you have been sick or around anyone sick in the last week please come back another time. Seems to work.
Love ya dude chally

Oh yeah Steve, forgot to say I violated Max's rule #1
twice yesterday lucky neither were bad falls, I think my training as a clown helps me when I am going down but probably not as when the legs go there's no stopping gravity. Take care

Thanks everyone. I am still under the weather, but am able to clear stuff out of my lungs.

Chally, I hear you about falling. I have been active all my life and have taken many falls (climbing, hiking, biking, and skiing). Over time, I have learned how to go with the fall instead of fighting it and how to dissipate the energy by tucking and rolling rather than landing with a splat. Those lessons serve me well now, but it is so different as I lose my ability to control my body during a fall.

One of my greatest falls (pre diagnosis, of course) was while skiing. I was carrying a GPS unit set to read out my max speed on a run. I was going very fast. And, I fell. The GPS unit measured just over 90 miles per hour during the fall. I don't believe that number, but based on lots of experience, I am sure I was going over 60 miles per hour. I am sure glad I had lots of experience falling at slower speeds before that incident. No harm was done, except to my ego.

Of course, there is no way I would have walked on tall stilts dressed in a clown outfit. That is reserved for special people like you;)

Steve

Chally, pay closer attention to that not falling thing, and Steve, hope you are recovering well!

Best,
Laurie

Yes mam, Love ya Laurie!

Steve
I have often said "if you. are sick, your certainty not feeling well".

Al

AL, did you steal that from Yogi Berra of the Yankees ?

No Chally, I got that from an old Captain that I used to work with many years ago. He was an old army office from the war and he had a thousand of these old sayings.

Thanks to everyone for your concern. I wanted to report back that I am finally starting to feel better.

Max was right - don't get sick. It has taken me 3 1/2 weeks to get over this cold/flu. It really hit me hard and interfered with some of the activities we had planned for our travels.

It is great to be back to feeling well:)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back