Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Austin
I have had my trilogy for 15 months. During this time, the trilogy has had several technical failures that needed repair. I'm waiting for a repair now.
My question is, do most of us get new or used machines? Or, is it whatever they have in stock at the moment? Cosmetically, mine looked very used when I received it. Of course, hoses, mask and humidifier were new.
Thanks! Marty

Great to hear sumpin outa you Marty! I have been wondering about you a lot lately.:grin:

I have had a ResMed VPAP for over a year and have had no issues. Maybe you should check them out.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE.......................

Hi Mpnatx

The trilogy ventilator is extremely reliable and should not break down much if used according to its manual and undergo preventive maintenance as follows:

1. Every 10,000 hours or 2 Years, whichever comes first ; Perform performance verification test per Trilogy Service Manual by Philips Respironics trained service technician.

2. Every 17,500 hours; Replace the Motor / Blower Assembly by Philips Respironics trained service technician.
• Perform full calibration and verification by Philips Respironics trained service technician.

My machine was new and when it eventually needed to undergo preventive maintenance I insisted on receiving the service report, which indicated that the machine was tested and found to be within specs. It also means that the machine was sterilized and no chance of contamination. I would ask to see how many hours the machine has been in operation of that the above service maintenance has been performed. The respiratory therapist can show you how many hours the machine has been in operation since it is found under the information menu.

Best wishes

Eliot

You should not have to be without it, Marty. Are you not getting a loaner meanwhile? As Elliott says, there is a service schedule but there is also "end of life" for PAPs. If yours is beyond its total life or just flaming out, demand a different one. I'm with Mark in preferring ResMed, though ( their Trilogy equivalent is called the Astral).

If Medicare was charged for a new machine as a purchase, that's what you should have gotten. Some are passed on under capped rental and would likely be used. But then Medicare should not be charged while it is out of service. Check your EOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back