Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
mi
City
Novi
Has anyone had a noticeable improvement in speech with using a bipap? Has your voice volume improved, or are you less tired out talking, or?

Thanks,

Deb

No improvement in regard to speech for me.

Nope.

Doesn't seem to be any relationship for me

I have not seen any improvement either.

Most of my voice problems are caused because I cannot get the air out to "push the words" in normal speech. Not because the muscles used to speak are going or have gone bad. So I have a very weak voice that as the day goes on gets weaker and squeakeir. The doc told me that if you can do a quick shout, then it is breathing muscles if you can not then it is vocal muscles.

That said, when I use my BiPap/Trilogy I do notice that my voice gets stronger for a little while afterwards, because my breathing gets better. The same is true when I get up in the morning.

Thanks for the responses! The mechanics of speech are so complicated that there could many problems unrelated to diaphragm muscles, in which case a bipap wouldn't help. So Peter, you must be able to do a quick shout?!

Deb

I can do a quick shout, I guess, but the volume I get out is about the same as most people's regular speaking voice. So would you guess that to be diaphragm or vocal muscles?

Sounds like Diaphragm but it could be a mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back