Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
Somewhere
City
Small Town
Life has gotten in the way of my spending much time here lately and, when I do come to the Forum, I mostly read since I truly have no sage advice to offer folks here. However, I did want to take at least a little time to offer my thanks and gratitude to the many who share their experiences here and offer those of us recently diagnosed advice in the face of adversity, and the numerous "tricks" you've discovered to making our lives with this damnable disease even a bit easier with which to live.

I love what the description of this sub-forum has to say, especially the "Individuals recently diagnosed with ALS can feel free to ask other members questions they may have". Boy-oh-boy do we "newbies" ever have questions galore! This sub-forum is a bit different than the DIHALS one but, nonetheless, our questions and need for assurance is certainly similar to the other one.

Temporally, a few of you may be my seniors and many are likely to be my juniors but, as far as coping with this disease goes, I literally know little to nothing! It is those who have walked this pathway far, far longer than I, or the other "newbies", who make life a bit easier as we follow your footsteps (no pun intended, believe me).

Thanks for being just exactly who each of you is! Your love, compassion and willing vulnerability truly bring me to tears more often than I care to admit. So, again, my thanks and gratitude for being just exactly who you present yourselves to be! I know I speak for scores of other "newbies" in expressing that thanks to you! You never know just how your kind and loving words will effect another. You folks are indeed the balm of Gilead that soothes more feverish and frightened brows than you might ever realize.

Thanks again!

John

Nice to read a Thank You note from time to time.

I agree, John. We do all of this better, together!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back