Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
I've had pain in my stomach for about 6 months (before I was diagnosis with ALS). With everything else going on, this pain was doable then. Also, it was during this time that my stomach expanded. I've always been blessed with a flat stomach, even after having my children, so this was new to me.

The pain is in the rib cage area. It is tender to press down on my stomach, and, if the cat jumps on my lap in that area, it's painful. It, also, hurts when I take a deep breath.

I plan to call my family doctor tomorrow, but was wondering if this could be due to ALS, and if anyone else has experienced this.

I've always been good with pain, so that is why I have waited so long, but it zaps all my strength and I don't have much strength due to ALS.

Hugs,
Deb

That sounds concerning. Your doctor should be able to tell you, based on where the pain is, and the quality of the pain, if it's something to do with liver, pancreas, gall bladder, or other issues.

My doctor has told me a few times that people can have more than one health issue going on at any time, so not to discount pain as just part of MND.

I am glad you are visiting with your doctor. Best wishes

Fiona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back