Old 07-22-2016, 04:41 AM #1 (permalink)

City: Armidale
State: NSW
Diagnosed: 01/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
sleepy is on a very distinguished roadsleepy is on a very distinguished road
City: Armidale
State: NSW
Diagnosed: 01/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
sleepy is on a very distinguished roadsleepy is on a very distinguished road
Default MedicAlert

Does anyone have a medicAlert bracelet or pendant? If yes, what do you put on it - just ALS/mnd or something else that you think is helpful for paramedics? Or do you think it's unlikely that you would find it useful?
Old 07-22-2016, 11:01 AM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant future
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant futurelgelb has a brilliant future
Default Re: MedicAlert

Larry had one for his other conditions before ALS. As we found when he actually needed an ambulance while alone at one point, they aren't always perceived, but if you are out or home alone, still worth having. He had the dog tags. If you have DNR-type wishes, that would be an extra place for them as well. Drugs, untreated conditions, treated conditions...I encourage people to have a one-page summary sheet in the glove compartment, on the frig, in your work desk as well.

And let me use this opportunity to remind everyone to have an ICE entry in your phone!
Old 07-22-2016, 11:31 AM #3 (permalink)

City: Cleveland
State: Oklahoma
Diagnosed: 10/2015
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
soonerwife is a glorious beacon of lightsoonerwife is a glorious beacon of lightsoonerwife is a glorious beacon of lightsoonerwife is a glorious beacon of lightsoonerwife is a glorious beacon of light
soonerwife is a glorious beacon of lightsoonerwife is a glorious beacon of lightsoonerwife is a glorious beacon of lightsoonerwife is a glorious beacon of lightsoonerwife is a glorious beacon of light

Can you explain ICE entry on your phone?
Old 07-22-2016, 11:36 AM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Atsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Atsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud ofAtsugi has much to be proud of

Newer cell phones allow you to make a contact called In Case of Emergency.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:49 AM #5 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to behold
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to beholdShiftKicker is a splendid one to behold

Soonerwife- ICE is an App for your phone. It can be accessed even from a locked screen and can contain any information you want emergency services to know.

I also keep a card with my info in my wallet and was sent a special instruction card from the ALS society with information about possible concerns about Oxygen and MND.

If you go to alsworldwide.org you can request an info card on a lanyard with emergency instructions as well.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:00 PM #6 (permalink)

Thanks ShiftKicker! I will look into those things. Could be helpful especially since my PALS still goes places alone at this point.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, helpful, mnd