Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
AUS
State
NSW
City
Armidale
Does anyone have a medicAlert bracelet or pendant? If yes, what do you put on it - just ALS/mnd or something else that you think is helpful for paramedics? Or do you think it's unlikely that you would find it useful?

Larry had one for his other conditions before ALS. As we found when he actually needed an ambulance while alone at one point, they aren't always perceived, but if you are out or home alone, still worth having. He had the dog tags. If you have DNR-type wishes, that would be an extra place for them as well. Drugs, untreated conditions, treated conditions...I encourage people to have a one-page summary sheet in the glove compartment, on the frig, in your work desk as well.

And let me use this opportunity to remind everyone to have an ICE entry in your phone!

Can you explain ICE entry on your phone?

Newer cell phones allow you to make a contact called In Case of Emergency.

Soonerwife- ICE is an App for your phone. It can be accessed even from a locked screen and can contain any information you want emergency services to know.

I also keep a card with my info in my wallet and was sent a special instruction card from the ALS society with information about possible concerns about Oxygen and MND.

If you go to alsworldwide.org you can request an info card on a lanyard with emergency instructions as well.

Thanks ShiftKicker! I will look into those things. Could be helpful especially since my PALS still goes places alone at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back