03/2015
Country
US
State
mi
City
Novi
Hi friends,

I have been experiencing neuropathic pain. I've been trying to treat with gabapentin and having a heck of a time. I can swallow the 100mg caps, but anything bigger is a no-go. I tried cutting the larger pills, but they are so bitter, that was a no-go. Then I tried the liquid, and that was as bitter as the pills. On top of all that, the higher doses (around 500-600 mg) has increased my spasticity. So I've got to keep the dose low, and its marginally effective at that dose.

The pain is in my lower legs, below the knee to ankle. To touch that area feels my skin is on fire.

Question is - are there alternatives to gabapentin? Another drug maybe? Homeopathic remedy? Topical solution?

Deb

We use a cream called Real Time Pain Relief (you can find it online). It seems to help (we both have neuropathy and use Gabepentin also). The cream helps the burning for awhile.

Have you tried Lyrica (pregabalin). Some doctors prescribe Elavil or cymbalta

I forgot about the Cymbalta. Matt's on that also. So many meds...

I take amytriptolin, which helps me sleep, dries out my mouth so I don't drool as much, helps with depression and it is made them per will neuropathy in my right foot much more bearable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back