Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
New York
City
northville
Last night my husband had a shaking fit. He could not stop his body from shaking and his speech was also affected. Anybody have you heard of this. It lasted for about one hour. Collleen

Any other symptoms -- nausea, headache, vision changes, nonsense words, dizziness...?
Did he lose and then regain the ability to move any muscles?
The "normal" concern would be TIA, stroke, migraine, things like that, but ALS has its own weird episodes, esp. if his nutrition, hydration and sleep are not up to par. Even just being cold can feed on itself.

no other symptoms. weird. when he three hours later he was fine?

You should inform your GP medical doctor about this and see her soon, maybe tomorrow. Even though the event is over now, there may still be clues they can find that will explain it.

This has happened to me if I get chilled. Once it sets in, I cannot control it. It is almost like a full body seizure for me. My jaw clinches so tight and teeth will chatter so hard I have even cracked a tooth. It is a struggle as I also suffer from hot flashes but at least the hot flashes don't affect my muscles. Please share with us what his doc says about this episode.

Vince

I experience regularly what Vince described, I actually had a episode in front of the doctors at a drug trial and they tested me for things like infections etc ( they suspected rigors) all was negative but it's definitely worth getting it checked out ASAP
I found my triggers are waking up too early , stress, cold and sometimes pain ( bad pain like when I fractured my jaw)

My experience is also the same as Vince. The uncontrollable shaking seems to be triggered by cold and especially if I'm feeling any stress. It also goes on for 30 minutes to an hour and is very scary. It helps to be covered by blankets and hot compresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back