The Trilogy is an amazing piece of engineering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilWest

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
WV
City
Southern
Although I would never recommend long term venting, the Trilogy has amazed me. 1.5 years 24 hours a day and not one mechanical or programming issue. The battery life is amazing and it just does its job day after day through ambulance rides, ER visits, and and power outages.

Thanks for saying this Gil.
Anyone searching or thinking about what to get will find this another piece of very helpful information. That's a long time of constant work to just keep working perfectly.

Some time back, we traded in the ResMed BiPAP for a Trilogy 100. At first, we were disappointed... as the humidifier was a separate canister and it did not have a heated hose option (to keep condensation at bay). But this device (the Trilogy) has allowed us to dare to travel. Darcey is a great Beth Hart fan... and we had the opportunity to travel to see Beth perform. We could do this because of the two batteries that keep the Trilogy working when AC is not available. And because we could make this trip (and because of two very dear friends who were with us), Beth (and her husband Scott) came to where we were seated and gave Darcey a big hug. Beth said to Darcey, "You're F'n awesome!" Darcey pointed at me and said, "No... he's F'n awesome!" Beth then said, "The I need to give YOU a hug and a kiss!" I've never moved faster. Because of the Trilogy, Darcey had a moment that was a life event not to be forgotten. And because I know how important it was to her, I will relive that very moment long after she is gone.

Though Darcey's strength is winding down, I still take her upstairs each night to go to bed. Our Trilogy provider, Med Inc, suggested that we might want a 2nd Trilogy to keep upstairs so that we didn't have to lug the first one around (it already follows us to work 4 out of 5 days a week). Our insurance would not approve the 2nd Trilogy. So our Respiratory Therapist called BC/BS and expressed his dismay that here was someone who actual needed and used her equipment... and she couldn't get what she needed to make Quality of Life, for what time she had left, as good as it could be. Insurance said, "it is not covered!" So the owner of Med Inc said, " Fine... I have control, too." So he instructed our Respiratory Tech to leave the Trilogy with us at no cost to us so that Darcey would be better attended to by the equipment she needed. Needless to say, for a piece of equipment that we didn't think we wanted when we first go it... it has proven to be something spectacular.

Anyway... just had share another testament to our love of the Trilogy...

Jim

Jim I remember when you had some trouble with the condensation, but you got that all solved pretty quickly I think too?

BethandDarcey_zpsf20c4ea8.jpg

Darcey and the wonderful Beth Hart!

Darcey found herself VERY sensitive to cold. She could never use a Sip-n-Puff as it constantly trickled air... and that air was cold. Ultimately, we found the setting that worked for our ambient temperature that did not cause condensation to accumulate in the hose. That setting, for us, was just a shy past "2" on the humidifier's control setting. We did acquire a "trap" for collecting water at low spots... but never did actually need to incorporate it.

Jim

Jim - thank you for sharing yours and Darcy's adventure! I also love that Med Inc helped you out in such a wonderful way!

I've been on a trilogy 24/7 for over 3 years. One unit mounted on my chair and a second for in bed. FVC less than 9% now, but still able to get out, go to a movie or a park or a long walk. It's made a great difference in my quality of life.

I think it could be great to have a thread like this with photos, for each piece of equipment that is working really well.

Really helpful to hear the plain english reasons why something may work well or not for me. All the tech specs can be so confusing, even while they are important.

Mind you, I reckon a thread on why something is not so great is just as important.

It's like those wheelchair threads Steve does - although they are so amazing, I don't know any of us can write so much about any other equipment. But I'm sure you get what I mean...

Big stars to Med Inc for donating that second machine. It won't have really cost them anything, but the difference for you both - priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back