Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
I have been feeling quite, to very, strange mentally for more than a number of days now.
I'm not sure what is happening with me.
I did start taking Nuedexta about two and a half weeks ago.

Strange how, Laura? There are no common adverse events on that label that relate to cognition or mood. Could there be something else at play? Are you on any medications that it interacts with?

Did you start at one capsule a day and then go up to two?

Hi Laura.......are you taking one or two per day. I have been on Neudexta for about 18 months, and it was the most difficult med for me to get used to. Baclofen was another one that was hard.

They wanted me on two Neudexta per day, but I couldn't handle that dosage and cut back to one a day. It took me about a month to get used to it. Two months after that I went back to two per day and had to get used to that. The reason I didn't quit taking Neudexta was because I was having a rough time with my EL. I honestly don't know if it helps or not. I still cry when I see a mother duck walking with her babies, and any other reason for that matter!!

GOOD LUCK:)

Dear Laura,

Drugs effect each person differently. I've had side effects from generic Remeron that I don't get with the brand. My shrink told me he sees this in about 25% of his patients. It is not mentioned anywhere. Anecdotal. If the only change you made is starting the new drug, maybe you should talk to your doctor. Hopefully, it will pass.

Thank you all, so much.

I didn't mean to 'get up and disappear'.

I am okay.
I don't like the way my mind is being affected,
But, I am okay.

I don't really know how to describe what this feels like.

Perhaps I will have better luck trying to describe it tomorrow.
I will try to write again tomorrow.

As to my dosing, yes, I started out with one capsule a day and gradually moved up to two.

I really do think the way my mind is feeling is most likely connected to the medication.

Thank you, friends, for being there.
Laura.

Laura,
As Mark says, you can try dropping down to one capsule and see if that improves things, keeping your doctor informed. You don't have to be able to hone in on it in words if it's troubling, but in that case, you certainly want to do something about it.

Best,
Laurie

Dear Laura,
I'm thinking about you today and you know you are in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back