Old 08-10-2007, 06:38 AM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: LEBANON JUNCTION
State: KY
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
kay is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: LEBANON JUNCTION
State: KY
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
kay is on a distinguished road
Smile Another opportunity

Hello everyone, this is the first time I have posted but have read the forums many times for information. I just wanted to share some exciting news with everyone but first I will give you some background information.

My husband, Mitch, was diagnosed with ALS on March 13, 2006 at the age of 37. His first symptons were in September 2005 so he did have a quick diagnosis. I feel progression has been quick but I know each individual progresses differently and there are many others that have progresses quicker than Mitch. We have a seven year old daughter and a four year old son. Mitch had always been a big hunter and fisherman and went every chance he got. Mitch shot archery and that was the biggest sign that something was wrong when he could no longer draw his bow back.

In March Mitch was invited to go to St. Cloud, Florida to turkey hunt with David Blanton from Realtree Outdoors. This hunt would complete his Grand Slam (all four species of wild turkeys, Miriam, Eastern, Rio, Osceola). This hunt was aired on television this past Sunday but will rerun again this Saturday, August 11 at 6:30 am (EST) on ESPN2 on Realtree Outdoors.

Like many of you Mitch has had so many opportunities over the past 17 months. Some opportunities may have been there before but we have just learned to appreciate them more.

Best wishes to all of you and thank you for letting me share, I am very proud of Mitch!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:58 AM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Interest: Other
brooksea is on a very distinguished road
Extremely Helpful Member
Interest: Other
brooksea is on a very distinguished road

Hi Kay,

Sorry you have to join our ranks.

My husband just got the sports package on our satellite, will let him know about the show.

Will they raise awareness for ALS? It would be a great opportunity, unless of course your husband would rather keep it private.

Please feel free to join in on the forum with any concerns or input you may have.

Good luck to your husband!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:29 AM #3 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Anytown
State: New England
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
CindyM is on a distinguished road
Forum Moderator

City: Anytown
State: New England
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
CindyM is on a distinguished road

Hi Kay-welcome to the forum. I am sorry to learn of your husband's DX, but glad he is getting a chance to do all he can while he can, as we say around these parts. Keep up the great attitude. People say it really helps. Regards, Cindy
Closed Thread

Tags
age, als, diagnosed, diagnosis, information, progression, turkey, wanted, wrong