Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Barrie
Hot on the heels of the last visit in September, no changes since 2014, I was back at Sunnybrook today and I'm showing small changes, Still slow progressing but I'm starting to show UMN signs. I'm being ordered a lift chair. Wasn't expecting that so soon. More time with a physio. I was kind of enjoying the plateau. Time to get used to the new reality. The only constant with this is change. They're also talking a super pole, have to see if they come in brass....
Vincent

Hey Vincent, you taken up pole dancing? Glad for your slow signs, we all need a plateau now and then, just to catch a breath. Love bro chally

It wasn't on the bucket list but always willing to try something new. Disability doesn't pay all that well.
Vincent

Re. chair lift. Like you, Vincent, didn't think I needed it, but what a blessing it has been. Won't be of much use in final stages but the chair lift has sure made a difference during the last 8 months or so. Let us know how the pole works for you.

Vincent- glad things are going slow. You'll have to post some pictures of you practicing your moves with your new super pole.
I was also informed a lift chair is in order after my last clinic visit. The OT told me to get as many bells and whistles as I could- heat, massage, the works- and I would not regret it. Apparently, if you have extended medical coverage, you can get at least partial coverage if you go through a medical supplier and get your doctor to write a prescription. The ALS society may also have some in their loaner closet.

latest

Vincent,
I was surprised when mine recommended I'm still getting around good., but they said it would help cut down on being tried and the falls. Haven't done it yet, not. In a house that a PWC would work, building a home with wider hallways and doors. So I'm waiting a few months. Also I don't if mentally It's ready to make the leap from not using a PWC to using one. Seems like a big milestone to me, marks a point in my progression. Glad to hear your a slow progressed, I'm UMN Dom s o in the same boat. My progression has started to pick up, voice drooling, showing a lot more strength issues coming off a long plateau

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back