Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
co
City
thornton
The President the Steve Gleason Act into law. A great victory for us. Now the stupid news I have had my Dynavox for 13 months and is Internet capable I just need the key to unlock it.
But it appears I'm caught in a black hole and Dynavox will not provide the key. Does anything go right. Just venting. But still not right.

And just yesterday CMS revoked that ridiculous 13 month rule. Saw it on a post by Team Gleason. Is Dynavox saying it is against the rules to give it to you? Grr. You should not have to fight this. None of this should have happened so many people had to fight so hard just to get back things that are only humane. And now you can't get what even the stupid rule says you should have!

Wonder if it is because they have indicated that the new law applies to devices purchased after October 1, 2015?

Vince

"Humane" is the key.

When I worked at the VA, many people (all?) were totally worried about rules and regulations, always afraid they were going to lose their jobs (and great benefits).

I was constantly reminding people that our mission was to HELP the veteran.

Years ago, I had a commander who stated: Rules are to guide people who don't know what they're doing.
Ever since then, I've focused on mission and purpose, which tend to be permanent, not technical regulations, which often change.

It's all true Dynavox will not give me the key to unlock my device. It's just not right.

For sure not right! Their reason though? Do they think it is not allowed? Did you escalate to a supervisor? Maybe contact Team Gleason to help you?

if you can log into the admin user. (the password might be the company name) then you might create a new user with no restrictions. just save your current user information and import it to your new user. of course this is all theoretical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back