Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
It's been a rough few weeks with my breathing. I never thought that my breathing would give out first, bu it's trying hard. So my husband and I had several talks. I always thought I would not get a trache. But I'm not ready to give up, and neither he. Even our children àgree.

So I'm seeing an ENT next week. I've read Diane's website. And lots of posts. Todd has also.

This is not a light decision .

More to follow.m

Good luck, Tracy. Wishing you the best.
--Mike

Good luck. You will be in my prayers (as everyone is). I know this is a significant decision for you and your family. We have been having similar discussions here, though the prospects of a trach are likely further out for me.

Steve

Tracy, best of luck. my sister is tslking about it as well

Best wishes on that Tracy.....I think I maybe be headed down the same path, my breathing issues are starting to kick in, and I feel I will be making the same decision sooner than later.
My thinking on the breathing issue (and I know all of you are just dying to hear) is that if you still are viable and semi functioning, why not do it so you can finish out your days more comfortable. I know you will make the right choice for you and your family.:)

Boy, what a hard decision that would be to make. You will be in my thoughts and prayers Tracy. I kind of see the reasoning in what Mark is saying. If you are still able to enjoy life yet and are still semi functioning why not go for it? Hugs, Kim

Good luck Tracy, I hope it turns out well for you. In our family, I think the decision was not to get one-they dont think they could care for me, and I respect that.

I think my dad would have got one if he was younger. But, being that he will turn 81 in September he won't do anything.

tracy, best of luck to ya. some decisions are harder to make then to live with. you'll make the right one. love ya chally

Best of luck Tracy. You know my thoughts are with you.

Patrick

Glad you are making the best choice for you Tracy. I know it is a.difficult one. Steph

All the best - I am sure it is a relief to have made a decision.

In a way it's a shame that this is such a difficult decision. We've seen from other posts that this is SOP in Japan and probably a no-brainer for the Japanese PALS.

Good for you TT, we'll be watching and sending positive thoughts your way!

It is so great to have a family buy-in. Our thoughts are with you ! !

Thanks all. I got a socolomine patch to dry my secretions. Boy it work overly well. Dried me up and made even harder to clear . Took it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back