Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
Well, I did it. I managed to go an entire day without any real wheelchair-related adventure.

This morning, I did a leisurely ride to downtown Vail, stopping for about an hour at the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens. I ran into a friend and had a long chat with him. I stopped and took a picture of what we call the East Vail Falls. I also met some new friends. In keeping with my new-found wisdom, I saw the clouds building and decided to take the bus home.

I then hooked my chair up to the charger, because I had a feeling I would want to go out in the evening as well.

I was right. I left home for my evening stroll around 5. I went half way up Vail pass, where a met a new friend. What a wonderful time. I got a bit chilled on the way home, but not enough to put on the jacket I keep in the pack on the back of my wheelchair. I snapped a picture of a meadow with beautiful aspen on my way up the pass.

All in all, it was a wonderful day of about 15 miles of wheelchairing with nothing that would get my wife too concerned about my well being:)

Steve

Attachments

• 20150615_131751.jpg
    20150615_131751.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 292
  • 20150615_174729.jpg
    20150615_174729.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 292
Beautiful shots. Looks like a wonderful day.
-Michael

Booooring! Oh no...I'm seriously KIDDING! !
How could any day in that glorious place be boring? The ever changing scenery would make every day an adventure. You are truly inspirational Steve, getting out because you want to, not because you have to.
God bless, Janelle x

Wonderful and calming

yo steve, i could see setting there for a spell. beautiful view. thanks chally

>I managed to go an entire day without any real wheelchair-related adventure.

:)

I am in awe of you. And what beautiful pictures. I think you said some doctor wanted you to move? I would not move either!maybe it is a little hard on your breathing but it clearly feeds your spirit ( and ours vicariously)

I totally agree with Nikki...stay where your heart is. Thanks for sharing your journeys and your pictures!

Thanks for all the nice comments on the pictures. I have enjoyed photography since I was about 7. It is a true blessing to live in such a wonderful place and to be able to share it through pictures.

I plan to stay in Vail as long as it is practical, and then probably a bit longer:)

I know that we will eventually need to move to a more practical location and a more practical house. Until then, I plan to get the most out of my time in Vail.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back