Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
Hope these pictures post o.k. My good pictures are on my wife's Nikon and I don't have a cord to download them to my laptop yet. These are just from the iphone. The trip was great. Just about 3 hours from home to the Canaan Valley Ski Resort near Davis WV and the Doly Sods Wilderness Area. I had my son and his wife, my wife, two of my sisters, one of my brothers, my nephew and got a real surprise when my oldest son showed up from Denver, Co. He took a last minute flight and rented a car and came to the vacation house. I had know idea he was coming. A very emotional reunion. Anyway, here are a few pics. Hope you enjoy them.

Vince

Attachments

• View From Top.jpg
    View From Top.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 388
  • Me and my oldest son.jpg
    Me and my oldest son.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 434
  • Doly Sods.jpg
    Doly Sods.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 375
  • Mountain Laurel Growing From Rock.JPG
    Mountain Laurel Growing From Rock.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 355
  • Me and My Wife Selfie Attempt.JPG
    Me and My Wife Selfie Attempt.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,037
Terrific. Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful view and no snakes!b:)

Excellent. Good to see that your adventures continue. Thanks for sharing with us.
-Michael

Vince, what awesome memories for you and your family. I love the photo of people sitting on the rocks looking out into this big wide world...very inspirational pic.
I'm so glad your eldest son made the trip...than alone makes up for the snake!
If you sort a cord for the camera, it would be great to see more.
God bless, Janelle x

Will do Janelle. The people sitting on the rocks are me and my son. I've got so many more to share but don't want to be overbearing. Just really proud of my whole family. It was such a wonderful, wonderful trip. Steve really inspires me to do as much as I can for as long as I can with his posts of his adventures. I want to live my motto: "I have ALS but ALS doesn't have me". Tomorrow I'm ordering a t-shirt that says "Screw ALS!".

Vince

I loved hearing about your trip as well as seeing the pictures.

What a special treat to have your son fly in from Denver. I can only imagine what a wonderful surprise that was for you.

It looks like you had great weather for the trip.

I am looking forward to seeing more pictures when you get them downloaded from your camera.

Steve

hey vince, i might be the only one on the fourm who has been to canaan and dolly sods. GREAT places to hang out with family. i live down by Cranberry wilderness area and go in there all the time. yes we must keep on doing no matter what! 1love chally

Vince, I reckon that photo will be pride of place at your son's house...fantastic one of you and he.
I for one would love to see more pics...post away. It's a wonderful way to show us "you"...and that in fact ALS is not who you are...it's a great bloke on holiday with family...
God bless, Janelle x

Pictures were great as posted. If those are the phone ones, cannot wait to see the ones from the Nikon!
Anna

Beautiful pictures!

> My good pictures are on my wife's Nikon and I don't have a cord to download them to my laptop yet.

which nikon? most laptops have an sd card reader ...

My laptop doesn't have one Max. It is pretty old. Need to get a new one soon.

>Need to get a new one soon

go hp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back