Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
kanas
City
kanas
yesterday i seen my als team. there on me about a ventilater and i need to eat more. hell my billy is big enough but iiwii :shock::shock::shock:

2 tough conversations Dave :(

Have you and your wife talked about the vent before this?

You will know from reading here that keeping weight on is really important even if you have a belly. Dang I HATE ALS hugs

Dave, Steve says his weight heads south to his belly. :) I just had to buy him bigger pants .

their telling me this is diff from the vent. this would only be on as i sleep or if i feel like i need through the day. i don't think it's the same as the vent it self. i done went over this with them that i never want to be put on a vent. they said it's not the same. im thinking it's the bip. all they talk most of the time is >%!:shock::shock::shock: most of the time. i should see this week.

duplicate post

Dave I didn't know you had a goat (billy).
They prolly want to put you on a Bipap, which is a non-invasive ventilator. Try to get it< it might make you feel a bit better by reducing the C02 in your blood.

p.s. I would luv to give you about 35 pounds.

Steve would donate a few lbs too!

i was thanking the same. they was saying i wasn't getting enough of co2. they just don't know how to call it right lol.

the way they was going at me mark . they would of been happy for that 35 pounds

Oh your getting enough CO2, its getting rid of it that's the problem with us. Did you know that your body has no way of knowing whether you have enough oxygen? When you feel air hunger its because your body senses that you have too much CO2 in your blood, not too little oxygen. A BiPAP really helps until your breathing muscles get almost totally paralyzed, then its get a trach and vented, or start the morphine.

I love my bipap. Best sleep I've ever had. Go for it.

Hubby lost 60 pounds since September 14. I know where the fat is - on my belly.

sleep that's something that i haven't been doing well. maybe one or two hr's at a time.

You might definitely sleep better w/ the BiPAP. Your breathing is probably keeping you from staying asleep.

You will like the bipap. We use the trilogy. my husband started on it in October and only uses it at bed and nap time. during the day if he is having a coughing fit it really helps relax him and help get his breathing under control.

Dave, you are such a good guy BTW!

>Dave, you are such a good guy BTW!

Ditto that!

im still waiting to see what their doing. they said last week. thank you barbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back