Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
I recently started using a roll actor for outside, especially when walking in a crowd. However the rollator provided by the ALS Society is very large, heavy and has not seat. Which leaves me with having to purchase one, my PT hassuggested one but it is about $400, and I'm not sure if it is worth spending that much money, just wondering what types others are using?

Thanks for your input.

Mine is a big one but I'm a big guy, 6'1" 250 lbs.The seat is the best part. no more looking for a bench. Your provincial health should pick up most of the cost. Look into it.
Vincent

I don't know what your province will reimburse but recommend highly the Active rollator, which folds into vehicles and adjusts easily to your height. It is heavier than some, but stability is a good thing, too.

Steve weighs 240 and has a Dolomite. It also folds and has a bench. It is fairly lightweight to carry.

That's it Greg,

I looked at both before I bought the Active, which Larry used on trails as well as flooring. Dolomite was the runner-up because of the position of the handles for holding. Suggest you look at both in terms of your needs.

The Active also has basket, seat, brakes, etc.

The rollator I had was the Airgo Fusion. I liked it, but it was a bit heavier and bulkier than some of them. I think the neXus line is quite popular.

Might want to consider who will be picking this up and folding it , placing it in the vehicle etc. I am the only one who takes Steve to appointments that can lift the walker or wheelchair. It is an important consideration for the cals so they don't get hurt.

Yup, I lifted the Active into/out of the hatch time and time again, often leaning it against the back bumper as an intermediate step. If we had not had a wagon w/ a hatch, using the back seat would have been necessary, and definitely a pain. So look @ the vehicle specs, and your own.

Laurie, thanks for the info on the Active Rollater. My husband liked it when he saw it could go on trails (and one reviewer even had it on the beach). He's also a big guy and it will go to 270 lbs. I lift my mother's wheelchair in and out of my car all the time, so I figure even if the rollater is heavier than most, it's still probably no heavier than her wheelchair! I am so relieved he was so positive about it and can see how it will allow him to get to more of the places and do more of the things he loves with less risk. Feeling grateful.

Roll actor? Dam spellchecker...

I have a Amazon.com: Dolomite Legacy Walker, color: Candy Red: Health & Personal Care, same as Gooseberry mentioned.
Brakes on rear wheels, fold up seat and a handy basket.

Hey Greg, your rollator is buttfugly...... and I mean that in the nicest way possible!

If you wanna be COOL....get one of these Euro style units, they are light weight and can be had for under 200 bucks on Amazon. The upside is a sportier look, you won't look as old riding one of these.....just sayin.

Attachments

• r.jpg
    r.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 243
  • rw.jpg
    rw.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 241
They are cool big Mark, is that the brand you have? The wheelbase looks so stable.

Those are cool. I have the same one as Greg. I think it was about $70. works well in the store.
Marty

I'd bet that BigMark's Rollator still has "Harley Davidson" stamped on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back