Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Barrie
After 2 1/2 years of poking and prodding, with enough time in the MRI machine to have a wing of the hospital named after me, I am off to my 1st ALS Clinic on Tuesday. Don't know what to expect. How long this takes. On the plus side it's right next door to the school i went to 30 years ago. Might just poke my head in to see whats going on.
Vincent

Good luck. I have seen different times from different people. My clinic visits have lasted anywhere from 1 hour to 2.5 hours. It all depends on how much time I need to spend with each person. I always spend the most time with the Dr. I am thankful he takes the time and doesn't make me feel rushed. No one does. Just like you I visit others while down at clinic.

Doug

My husband is usually there 3-3,5 hrs. I bring him drinks and snacks. It is a tiring day so bring a notebook to. jot down what you hear because you will forget it. Make a list of all your questions and have paperwork in order for things like fmla and handicap tags. Get contact info in case you need to reach clinic before your next scheduled visit. Best of luck and advocate for yourself. You have the right to inquire about any test,medication, or procedure, and you have the to deny the same.

Doug, your visits were short! Our visits were more like 4-6 hours! But my hubby loved talking, and no one ever rushed him along at the clinics.

I may be understating the length of the clinic as I love talking...I can talk with a wall and get it to talk back...I do try to get one of the 1st appointments of the day though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back