Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
Well well it's been an interesting hour.
Hmm, May have to report later
Just tired now
Relaxed tho,

I thought you are supposed to get hungry not tired. Keep us posted on how it goes.

YES...I have heard that it makes you sleep good and stimulates appetite:)

Attachments

• marijuanna field.jpg
    marijuanna field.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 816
We were just talking this morning about MMJ. got shot down in FL but of course we can get the regular illegal stuff no problem--it is the medical stuff that we cant get!

doesn't seem to increase my husband's appetite but nice to have him relaxed and giggling every nite.

What strain did you use?

Wow, still relaxed almost 4 hours later.
Used hybrid, with vape pen
First hour was intense with EVERYTHING very funny
Next two hours sleeping
No change in appetite.

Errors: be sitting in comfortable location before using, since moving while laughing very challenging.
No need to take hard pull, and start with one. I had bit of coughing spell...perhaps WAY out of practice.

I tried it to help with spasticity, we will see if that works, but right now feels pretty good. Or maybe I just don't care

it's illegal here to but little jimmy down on the corner can fix you right up. they did make it legal on the reservations.

Don't think my pals would ever smoke it but I've been thinking about brownies for him!

Sherry

Here they will put you in jail for it-doesnt matter if it helps you medically-long live the republic of Texas

The different reactions will depend on the relative amounts of the various cannabinoids. Appetite is increased by the THC. Sleep results from both THC and CBD.

And like I said in a long ago post -- start with just a small amount. I went to la-la land with sensory overload for about 3 hours. Pleasant it wasn't....

I had to laugh reading your post, good for you.

Chris did smoke it (he was smoking cigarettes anyway), and it did mean that we had some evenings of just relaxing and laughing together.

AZgirl,

Are you using the indica strain? That's the one that affects more the body than the mind and is good for relaxing spastic muscles and helps with sleep. I personally wouldn't use it during the day because I don't want to be sleepy or have even minimal 'mind' effect, but its very helpful at night. It does wear off after a few hours but so far it's been able to replace using baclofen, at least at night. I don't take any baclofen even during the day even though I have a lot of spasticity, but I might have to do something soon. I was thinking that the edible mm oil might be worth trying. It's much slower getting into the system and longer lasting so might be better for daytime use. Also, you probably already know that vaporizing is better than smoking if you stick with it. Good luck with the trial.

if you are not a regular smoker, I would suggest you bake brownies. smoking is not good for a pals. my "supplier" bakes chocolate cake with it and I cut it into the size I have determined is correct and freeze it. then I blend it into a milkshake everynight.

we had a few tries on the correct dosage but got it eventually--not too high but muscles relaxed and a smile on his face.

Sorry, I didn't see your second post about the strain and the vape pen. Yes, being IN bed before use is helpful.

Neil,
Admittedly my former state is not as tolerant of open smoking as some others, but you're in Austin, and I'd imagine can get edibles, capsules and other less obtrusive forms. In the privacy of your own home...anyway, I noticed a cannabis group there on Meetup, whose members I daresay have resources...Meetup organizers have e-mails. Just a thought. Your ALS clinic/support group may also have connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back