Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
Got the peg tube today. Went great. Pain controlled with Tylenol. They sent me home already. They tested it and worked great. Home Health will be here tomorrow to do the first feed. But mainly we are using it to keep me hydrated an supplement my diet.

So glad it is done. Sounds like you are a star patient. Rest and heal!

Glad to hear that it went so smoothly! Rest up!

Great! Hope your home health is better than mine was. The "nurse" hadn't even seen my type of tube before.

I never had any success with the syringes, as they all have tapered ends, and my tube has a cylindrical receiver. It takes 3 hands. My Covidien kangaroo gravity bags have hose with cylindrical tip, so they fit just fine. I use a rubber band to reinforce the connection.

Glad it went well

Glad everything went well

Well done. Mine is functioning well. Gained about 3pounds since it's insertion 2 months ago. They gave me some extra hydrocodone. Had a buzz on for a couple of hours each day for the first week. Would like to get some more but guess it's a bit addictive. Enjoy the peg. Makes life a bit easier. Alex

Whoooo, very pleased for you.
Love Gem

Glad to hear it went well Tracy. Hope it goes well tomorrow too. But, don't overdue it today. You had a medical procedure so make sure you rest up. Hugs, Kim

Happy things went smoothly for you Tracey:)
Hope the change in lifestyle (retirement) suits as well...keep us posted!

So glad to hear the peg procedure can go smoothly and that it did for you, Tracy.

Hooray Tracy, what a star!

As others have said, make sure you rest well, they did punch a hole through your stomach after all ... healing this up first go is one of the biggest tricks. If you are careful and it heals well now you are not likely to have further problems with it.

I hope you are so hydrated you are glowing now :)

Got a good night's rest once we figured out how to get me in the bed without causing a lot of pain stretching muscles. Less pain today, but will stay on top of it. Also, breath stacking helps keep me loose.

Glad that went well Tracy. Keep us informed as to how you are doing
Dianne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back