Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
az
City
tucson
Ouch...skinned knee and elbow and a bruised ego. At least the baby I was carrying was in her car seat and emerged unscathed.

Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear the baby's safe.

How's the Wx out there?

Glad to hear it wasn't a serious fall, both for you and the baby!

PLEASE take this as a firm warning and avoid having yourself or your baby badly injured. I know it is so hard to accept losing strength and ability, but falling and being injured is only going to ensure this.

Be kind to yourself now x

im with tillie on this. i wish i knew before.

Clear and cool (65). Downright cold this morning, though...40 degrees. Brr.

22 here tonight 13. not bad this time of the year. but that's one of max other rules.

Don't break rule #2. See rule #1 for rule 2.

Patrick

------

#1 don't fall
#2 don't hang around sick people, at 1st sign of respiratory issue go to doc
#3 conserve energy, rest, never push it, try to relax
#4 stay warm

ALS is about living, not dying!

I'm with Tillie and Max. Be careful!

Debbie

It took a bruised knee, and boob (yes it did) before I admitted walking and I don't go together anymore. Use a rolling walker with a seat and give the baby a ride.

Now I use the wheelchair all the time. My DH took off the seat on the rolling walker. and wired on a toilet seat, converting it to a rolling shower chair. Works great.

I find that when I start to fall I notice my body just going into sort of a relaxed "oh well" mode waiting for the (crash) "landing" to occur. Besides, its only that last inch or so that is hard to handle.

It took a bruised knee, and boob (yes it did) before I admitted walking and I don't go together anymore. Use a rolling walker with a seat and give the baby a ride.

Now I use the wheelchair all the time. My DH took off the seat on the rolling walker. and wired on a toilet seat, converting it to a rolling shower chair. Works great.

Tracey......great to see you on the board. I must tell you that you broke RULE#5, not to use the B (boob) word. Please just post a pic next time, and we will know what you mean.

Ya, that very last part of the last inch is a real beotch!

You know, it's not the fall that hurts. It's that sudden stop when you meet the floor

One fall my daughter saw and she said my head bounced like a basketball.

Mark, you just want the pic for you. So here''s one for you. And the b word did not get my post sent to a mod.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I posted my latest news in a new thread. I'll be around more in the new year since I won't be breaking rule 3 anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 513
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back