Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
Minnestota
City
Woodbury
My bottom gets plenty of one on one contact. I looked eBay and saw a gel cushion and then I saw with holes in it. If you have this problem - which type of wheelchair do you find most helpful?

Leaning back and transferring pressure to my back is no help at all.
Plus, I wear a diaper
""""

Sandy

I have the roho air cushion. No problems

Go see your wheelchair vendor to see a custom seating technician. My wife has done this for 20 years. there are many different options to relieve pressure. A custom seating tech can recommend the best one for you.
Vincent

I have the roho air cushion. No problems

I have a paraplegic son that has been in a wheelchair for 20 years due to a bad car wreck. We have spent hundreds of dollars on gel cushions.
The Roho cushions are by far the superior way to prevent pressure sores. He had to be hospitalized several times for bad pressure sores because he can't feel when he needs to do pressure releases.
He has been using the Roho cushion for the last two years and it has worked out better than any gel cushion.
Get one sooner than later, especially if you can't do pressure releases.

The VA just sent us a roho cushion (for the wheelchair we are still waiting for!). So can assume it is one of the best.

The Roho cushions are definitely the best for pressure relief.

yes; I have a combo gel in front
works well....but I spend only part time in the chair
I have the permobil 300 and it has many combinations for positions

Sandy, I'm sorry you got a wheelchair with no Robo cushion. It's standard equipment. Maybe you could get something for your back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back