Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
Minnestota
City
Woodbury
I sleep all night get dressed and in wheelchair and take 5-6 hour long nap in the afternoon. I wake with any noise but tv just dosen't intrest me and I'd fall alseep watching it anyway

Sandy

I bet your meds have something to do with your tranquility. I can empathize with you wanting to nap the day away. Some days I will wake up in the morning (usually 8-9am), and lie there and think about how I have nothing going on that day...end up falling back to sleep for an hour or two.
My suggestion is to evaluate your meds, and maybe change the time of day you take them, or reduce some.
I hope you at least try to get a handle on it, because sleeping your life away could really make you more depressed, and enhance a feeling of worthlessness. Try to find something that interests you, reading or music, and search for something that you like on TV.
Good Luck and best wishes

My PALS did that, too. She'd sleep for 10 hours at night and then nap repeatedly at the drop of a hat during the day (while at work). At night, we'd be talking and she'd fall asleep during the conversation. Then the doctor ordered a BiPAP machine for her. Immediately she felt better, was not tired during the day and no longer took naps. She also quit losing weight and no longer had headaches (particularly those after sleeping). I hope you find what works for you...

Jim

Sounds like you may have CO2 buildup in your blood from not exhaling deeply enough. Breathing is what eventually gets most PALS. BiPap will help for a while until breathing muscles become deenervated. Then its either trach or farewell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back